Game Week Predictions

Eagle-96

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart says 24-21 NT. My head says 35-10 OU.

Matt,

My Heart says 28-27 NT. The freshman walk-on kicker, whichever one wins the job, hits the game-winning PAT with 26 seconds left in the game after Meager connects with BJax on a 63-yard in and go.

My head says, 58-12 with four field goals coming from the freshman walk-on kicker, whichever one wins the job.

This is an over-hyped scrimmage for both teams. OU has Miami in game 2 and we have SMU. Both games are arguably the biggest games on each schedule. B/c of that, we're not going to show too much defensively to let SMU prep for all the run-blitzing we're going to unleash on them :). Our offense will just try to find a ryhthm and get some confidence in the second half after OU has put this one away....but rest assured, Bradford will be playing deep into the 4th quarter, ala Colt McCoy in 2006, in his first ever college football game.

Much as I can't wait to get the DD OOC poo taste out of my mouth...this game will not be the game that does the trick...

OU - 55

NT - 17

The only way Bradford is going to mess this game up for OU is if he trips and fumbles every time he hands the ball off to Patrick and Murray. He may crack double digits in pass attempts.

Close in the first half...but OU's size starts to really wear down our front 7 late.

Scoring by quarter-

UNT - 7-7-10-0 - 24

OU - 3-14-7-10 - 34

Meager throws two TD's...one to Brock Stickler and one to Breece Johnson...but also throw four picks...the last of which comes in the fourth on the OU 25 and is taken 75 yards for an OU touchdown, sealing the game. Jamario struggles but does find a hole and pops one 34 yards in the second quarter for a touchdown....finishes with 57 yards rushing. Patrick and Murray each run for a 100 yards...scoring once each...Murray on a 52 yarder...Patrick on a fourth and goal effort from the goalline...Bradford also throws a 10 yard touchdown to Joe Jon Finley.

OU - 56

NT - 13

I actually expect our offense to move the ball better than our past games at Norman, at the expense of some costly turnovers resulting in defensive scores for OU. I also expect this game to be much more entertaining than 2003.

We have a new system, lots of youth, hostile environment.......

Two years from now this prediction would be vastly different.

No matter what happens, I will be watching and cheering.

I think those, including myself, who worry about the OU score, do so not because of our defense, but because of turnovers. We are unveiling a new offense with a lot of inexperience and a type of offense, where a bad day or just misreading the speed of the opponent can lead to turnovers, especially int's. Meager and the offense will really HAVE TO BE on their game in order to make this respectable. I hope they are, but it is asking a lot.

Completely agree. A few Meager interceptions and this one has the chance to get really ugly. That being said I believe in the new attitude surrounding this team. From the fans to the players to Diet Coke boy. And no matter what happens this game I will continue believing. It took Dickey many years to lose me. I will not be judging this team by one game against OU or even one year for that matter.

Go Mean Green

Edited by HoustonEagle

I'm looking forward to a team taking the field who has been coached to come and play. A team that is going to leave it all out on the field, be competitive, and make us proud. I want to see this team bring back the MEAN!

Beat the Hell out of OU!!

Hey Stoops! DUCK! :ph34r:

I'm looking forward to a team taking the field who has been coached to come and play. A team that is going to leave it all out on the field, be competitive, and make us proud. I want to see this team bring back the MEAN!

Beat the Hell out of OU!!

Hey Stoops! DUCK! :ph34r:

Agreed!...and I take back my 'over-hyped scrimmage' claim after listening to the Todd Dodge Radio Show and will claim a Dodge vs. OU score of 159 - 0!!

I was in Norman in 2003 when UNT had a much better football team. Our defense kept it respectable in the rain, but a couple of big plays by OU hurt us in the end. I expect more of the same - a close first quarter, but by the 2nd, it'll be ugly.

OU - 38

UNT - 17

By the end of the 3rd quarter, OU fans will start thinking of UT.

Hopefully something like this ::

But in reality , Sloppy play by both offenses along with our stout Defense keeps us in the game for the 1st half. In the second half Stoops and the OU boosters buy some players and the OU talent takes over. J-Mo has a decent game and Meager finds Fitz in the back of the end zone for a score. Weathers creates a fumble on a hard hit and Bush returns it for a NT TOUCHDOWN. In the end we cover the spread , but come up short on the scoreboard.

OU : 35 NT: 14

Edited by NT03

I thought I wouln't try predicting any more scores after my great one last year of UNT 26, MTSU 17. But I will try it for Dodge's first game, and I think logically this game will be closer than 'experts' say. OU's QB will make some bad reads and bad throws, and that will keep the game fairly close for most of 3 quarters, like 24-10. If Maeger (or any other QB) can release more quickly than I have seen him, it may be closer. But then OU"s advantage in speed and line strength will make itself evident, and OU pulls away, 41-13. I hope it's closer in the end, and even if NT does in fact hang close for almost 3 quarters, that may be reason for optimism, that after a few games and having played the fastest defense they will see all year at the beginning, NT can win 7 or 8 games and have a shot in the SunBelt.

It's not always the better team that wins... it's the one that refuses to lose!! My hope is that we go in there with:

1. A refuse to lose attitude

2. The discipline not to beat ourselves with stupid penalties, turnovers etc

3. Pride and Heart to play hard the entire game even when (if) trailing (see #1)

Edited by GreenBlooded1