Question About Meangreensports.com

Green Crazy

Has anyone else noticed the advertising on the MeanGreenSports.com website when you click on a story (i've noticed harley davidson the most)? I don't know much about these things, but doesn't the company who is advertising pay the host site a little money everytime someone visits that site? Regardless, I don't remember this from last year, could this be another positive from the Dodge signing?

Has anyone else noticed the advertising on the MeanGreenSports.com website when you click on a story (i've noticed harley davidson the most)? I don't know much about these things, but doesn't the company who is advertising pay the host site a little money everytime someone visits that site? Regardless, I don't remember this from last year, could this be another positive from the Dodge signing?

Harley Davidson Stadium, I like!

I don't know much about these things, but doesn't the company who is advertising pay the host site a little money everytime someone visits that site?

No. As with most every form of advertising, ratings are negotiated and agreed upon (for a specific amount of time) by both parties before a contract is signed. As it relates to internet banners and hyperlinks, the two most common methods of tracking are "click-throughs" (also called click-through rates or CTRs) and "impressions". When negotiating on a CTR basis, an advertiser would be guaranteed "x" number of click-throughs for their contract period. Once that contract period has expired a post-buy analysis would be given to the advertiser as proof of performance. If the guaranteed number of click-throughs was not achieved the advertiser would receive make good weight until the desired level is achieved.

TV works the same way. If you bought a spot in the Super Bowl with a guaranteed rating of 35 but it only achieved 25, you'd be owed 10 more rating points as make good.

No. As with most every form of advertising, ratings are negotiated and agreed upon (for a specific amount of time) by both parties before a contract is signed. As it relates to internet banners and hyperlinks, the two most common methods of tracking are "click-throughs" (also called click-through rates or CTRs) and "impressions". When negotiating on a CTR basis, an advertiser would be guaranteed "x" number of click-throughs for their contract period. Once that contract period has expired a post-buy analysis would be given to the advertiser as proof of performance. If the guaranteed number of click-throughs was not achieved the advertiser would receive make good weight until the desired level is achieved.

TV works the same way. If you bought a spot in the Super Bowl with a guaranteed rating of 35 but it only achieved 25, you'd be owed 10 more rating points as make good.

I don't know, but I pretty sure I just learned something. Thanks.

That was my other guess. :blink:

I'm pretty sure all of the advertising is coordinated throgh XoS . I'm not sure if the school gets a cut or it is just part of the deal the school has with them. They run sites for lot's of schools and professional teams, that is why we get to watch games at other schools. If you go to their site you will see the same adds. Here is the partner site list.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/SportSelect.db...CRIBER_CONTENT=

Edited by Evan

He's exactly right. Lera has worked for both CBS and now NBC scheduling commercials for their different affiliates. The days when one of the major shows doesn't make its ratings mark make for dark nights in the Jackson household when she gets home. :D Scheduling make goods can be maddening...or so she tells me.

One other thing...

I, for one, would gladly scream for cream.

How did nobody take a swing at this softball? Come on people...Jay Dub? Anyone?