Attendance

EagleD

I read on their web site that the stadium seats 32,000. What do you think the attendance will be and how much of it will be green?

I think it will be an even split at 10,000 Mean Green and 10,000 Ponies.

But if we upset OU or even play them close, all bets are off.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will have more than 10,000..... closer to 20,000.... remember Dodge's Southlake fans are nearby as well and it will be his first Game in the North Texas area..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

We will have more than 10,000..... closer to 20,000.... remember Dodge's Southlake fans are nearby as well and it will be his first Game in the North Texas area..

I think this is a stretch..... BUT..... I really, really, really, really, really hope that I have to eat my words. :)

Let's overflow that mo fro......

GMG!

As far as I know, there would be nothing to prevent them from capping the number of tickets made available to us so they won't get shown up in their own house. Without restrictions, I could easily see a normal Fouts home attendance number for us at their place, i.e., 16,000 - 18,000 Mean Green fans. If all that matters to them is our $25 per head, then our fans should dominate them.

There is no excuse to not have at least 10,000 fans at the SMU game. This game should be HIGHLY marketed to the students and alumni. It should be treated like a home game as it is just down the highway. I would love to make FORD stadium become known as "Fouts South" just like Jones Stadium in Lubbock was known as "Fouts West" in the 90's!

GMG!

Plus. I see no reason why our people can't order through their people after we sell out our allotment. As long as you don't say you're for NT, they'd just assume you were just another single-game-ticket buyer. However, that should be only after our tickets sell out.

Guest GrayEagleOne

You guys are assuming that SMU will allot us 10,000 tickets. That may not be the case. They will not want to take the chance that there will be more green there than red & blue. We could possibly have more than our allotment but they would likely be end zone seats to walkup patrons.

But, IF we can get all of the tickets that we want, I'd expect at least 10,000 from North Texas. I'm not sure about the 20,000 though. The Athletics Department wouldn't trust us to have 20,000 at Texas Stadium.

haha 20k of our fans... at an AWAY game? come on...

I think we'll make a decent impression and many of our fans will travel to see (I bought 4 tix myself), but 15-20k is a stretch. That being said, I'd love to see it!

This is a game that makes sense. I hope they continue the series. Whether SMU admits it or not, it's good for both schools.

haha 20k of our fans... at an AWAY game? come on...I think we'll make a decent impression and many of our fans will travel to see (I bought 4 tix myself), but 15-20k is a stretch. That being said, I'd love to see it!

Well, if the 100,000+ alumni in the DFW metroplex estimate is true, then the Mean Green Nation has little reason to not show. HP/UP is a lot closer than Denton for most.

The reason I think we have the potential to take a big crowd to Ford is because I live MUCH closer to Ford than Fouts. It is much less of an effort to make this away game than any home game. I suspect that goes for a large number on this board and a substantial portion of our alumni base. Some group needs to organize a bus deal for students and you have the potential for a typical Fouts-sized crowd. Maybe I'm just viewing this topic through green-colored glasses, but I think I see a big crowd of our fans. Just my opinion.

---I'll be there... from 350 miles away**.... We will have a big crowd... it may not be in Denton but as stated it is very close for a lot of NT alums....and students too.... people are always stating we are a commuter school (from Dallas county).

** West-Texas mottoe: "Have car will travel". miles mean little to us out here.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---I'll be there... from 350 miles away**.... We will have a big crowd... it may not be in Denton but as stated it is very close for a lot of NT alums....and students too.... people are always stating we are a commuter school (from Dallas county).

** West-Texas mottoe: "Have car will travel". miles mean little to us out here.

I agree! From Lubbock, Dallas or Denton doesn't matter. Almost a 1 hour drive to the mail box. I would love to see the Mean Green back in Raiderland.

I read on their web site that the stadium seats 32,000. What do you think the attendance will be and how much of it will be green?

I think it will be an even split at 10,000 Mean Green and 10,000 Ponies.

But if we upset OU or even play them close, all bets are off.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how many they'll "allot" us, but we could just resort in buying them from their ticket office like the general public. Either way, I dont know what the ratio will be but it's gonna be very full. Remember, smut HATES us, and to be honest, they had a great 2nd half to their season last year, coming close to a bowl game (I think?) They're well aware that SLC fans will really want to go to this game to see their long time hero TD, and they're gonna make a push to keep the Green down to a minimum. I predict a sell out...

Edited by trud1966

Not sure how many they'll "allot" us, but we could just resort in buying them from their ticket office like the general public. Either way, I dont know what the ratio will be but it's gonna be very Remember, smut HATES us, and to be honest, they had a great 2nd half to their season last year, coming close to a bowl game (I think?) They're well aware that SLC fans will really want to go to this game to see their long time hero TD, and they're gonna make a push to keep the Green down to a minimum. I predict a sell out...

I imagine the folks at the SMU ticket office would be thrilled to see a sellout, regardless of how much green is in the stands.

There would be nothing like a sellout to bring home the point about getting this series extended. An annual meeting is good financially for both schools.

There would be nothing like a sellout to bring home the point about getting this series extended. An annual meeting is good financially for both schools.

One has to wonder what playing an NCAA D1-A game in our DFW neighborhood actually does save schools like SMU, TCU and UNT when they play each other as compared to expenses each school incurs when they tee it up with an out-of-state opponent? With non-BCS schools getting all the TV revenue table scraps and left-overs, any non BCS school (no matter who it is) has to be attracted to local games when they have the luxury of scheduling such, right?

You figure out-of-state games will have its usual air fare for almost 100 (which includes players, coaches, some ancillary athletic staff members, Big Donor supporters, some UNT administrators, selected BOR's and so forth. Then for all of that group you would have hotel expenses, meals for all, chartered buses from hotel to stadium, etc, etc, etc while on such an out-of-state road trip.

Wish we had someone in the know of such things on GMG.com who could put the pencil to all this and give us some healthy e$timates.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

This is how it will go:

East Carolina @ SMU reported attendance 22, 540 actual 11,113

North Texas @ SMU reported attenandance 11,115, actual 32,000 with people hanging outside the fence.

GMG

Guest GrayEagleOne

Ah yes, but you are underestimating the power of pride... and snobbery.

Then I guess that I'm a snob too. Because if the shoe was on the other foot....If we played them at Fouts and we we in the minority, I'd be ready to quit supporting North Texas. I do not EVER want to be a manority in my home stadium.

I'm satisfied that they overstate attendance but I don't how we can prove by how much. If you look at their football revenue, they are way ahead of us and a lot of CUSA members. My guess is that someone (or several someones) are buying maybe thousands of season tickets.

Then I guess that I'm a snob too. Because if the shoe was on the other foot....If we played them at Fouts and we we in the minority, I'd be ready to quit supporting North Texas. I do not EVER want to be a manority in my home stadium.

I'm satisfied that they overstate attendance but I don't how we can prove by how much. If you look at their football revenue, they are way ahead of us and a lot of CUSA members. My guess is that someone (or several someones) are buying maybe thousands of season tickets.

If being outnumbered in your home stadium makes you want to quit supporting your school then don't ever become an SMU fan. They are outnumbered every time Ok State, Tech, Kansas, etc come to town. And they just might be on Sep 8th.

Wearing white to this game could be misunderstood as support for SMU.

Please wear GREEN and only GREEN.

That way, from across the stadium people will know who owns Ford Stadium on Sept. 8.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets (and buy your SMU tickets at the NT box office)

GO MEAN GREEN