Your Prayers Please

emmitt01

As some of you may know from watching the news tonight one of my brothers, a fellow Dallas officer, was killed by a murder suspect. I ask that, if you are the least bit religious, you pray especially for the officer's family and for me...and Lera because she's a wreck (again) right now.

Thank you.

I spent yesterday morning at the World Trade Center site in New York. While looking at the various photos of police officers and firemen I noticed many that had the captions: "______, an NYPD/FDNY officer, helps people to safety before going back in to help more. He/She died in the collapse." Between those photos and the thoughts of those in my own industry we lost that day, I got so choked up that I had to walk away for a while. I couldn't handle it.

I'd bet that every person who has ever murdered a police officer has been helped by one at one point in their lives... You guys do what is necessary to keep others safe all the time, no matter who they are, yet it takes the death of an officer to make people realize that the cops are more than just guys that hand out tickets when you're in the wrong.

Emmitt, you and your brothers have the most thankless job on the planet and are deserving of our prayers all the time...and especially right now. Your fallen comrade, your department, and you & Lera are in my thoughts tonight. Take care of yourself out there, my friend.

Edited by JayDub

As some of you may know from watching the news tonight one of my brothers, a fellow Dallas officer, was killed by a murder suspect. I ask that, if you are the least bit religious, you pray especially for the officer's family and for me...and Lera because she's a wreck (again) right now.

Thank you.

You have our prayers Emmitt

OldTimer

My daughter(class @ 2000) is in Northeast, my son-n-law works the grove/cliff area.....................I went nuts on the phone yesterday to find him...glad to find them both off duty...whew !!!! I work at Friendly Chev...we just got officer Nix's cruiser cleaned and ready for display at the station. Very somber for us here.

Pray for his family and his fellow officers who must now deal with the loss of a comrade and friend. When something like this occurs, I still get a vivid flashback to over 40 years ago when I & another officer knocked on the door of a close friend to notify her that her husband (also a DPD officer) had fallen in the line of duty. If you're ever at Police Headquarters, look at the Wall of Honor that has the photographs of officers that have lost their lives in the line of duty. A somber experience.

Emmitt, your family(s) are in our prayers.

I spent yesterday morning at the World Trade Center site in New York. While looking at the various photos of police officers and firemen I noticed many that had the captions: "______, an NYPD/FDNY officer, helps people to safety before going back in to help more. He/She died in the collapse." Between those photos and the thoughts of those in my own industry we lost that day, I got so choked up that I had to walk away for a while. I couldn't handle it.

I'd bet that every person who has ever murdered a police officer has been helped by one at one point in their lives... You guys do what is necessary to keep others safe all the time, no matter who they are, yet it takes the death of an officer to make people realize that the cops are more than just guys that hand out tickets when you're in the wrong.

Emmitt, you and your brothers have the most thankless job on the planet and are deserving of our prayers all the time...and especially right now. Your fallen comrade, your department, and you & Lera are in my thoughts tonight. Take care of yourself out there, my friend.

Well said JayDub.

9/11 - Never Forget

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of life of a man committed to serving the public good. I very much respect the sacrifice made by men such as yourselves, and I grieve with the family that has to suffer such a terrible loss. Emmitt, your family and the family of the murdered officer will certainly be in our prayers.