Memphis To Big East ? Unt To C-usa

NT03

Memphis to the B.E. and UNT to CUSA is viable in the "next" conference shake ups/expansions.

In the past Memphis has expressed interest in the B.E. to follow Louisville.

Until the next "big" shakedown or shakeup UNT will still have to take care of business. Looks like that UNT has put itself in the spotlight on the Men's side of BB and FB.

In the past Memphis has expressed interest in the B.E. to follow Louisville.

That's an understatement! They felt absolutely SNUBBED that South Florida was chosen over Memphis.

Football-wise, USF has moved from Div I-AA to BCS conference in FOUR years! Frankly, I'm jealous.

Edited by UNTflyer

I don't know if we could afford the Mountain West.

We probably would not make a move for a year or two, so I'd say let's see what revenue looks like.

MWC would definitely be a huge plus!

agree totally. MWC would be great, but moving up from sbc to mwc might be a bit ambitious. We might need to focus on cusa for the time being. I'm sure they would love to have us since we made the big dance.

agree totally. MWC would be great, but moving up from sbc to mwc might be a bit ambitious. We might need to focus on cusa for the time being. I'm sure they would love to have us since we made the big dance.

Well, a plus is that the MWC is a nine-team conference. Adding a Texas team would allow them to split into East-West divisions (Imagine that! A Texas team in the "East")

East:

UNT

TCU

Air Force

Colorado State

New Mexico State

West:

BYU

UNLV

SDSU

Utah

Wyoming

we need to realize that this is only one year. We need consistency in all of our athletic programs to be considered as well as attendance needs to be up. Give it 2 winning football seasons, 1 more NCAA tourney, winning soccer seasons (they made the ncaa tourney 4 times this decade), and consistency in the rest of our programs, as well as the addition of a baseball team.

im still looking for a ride for me and 2 buddies btw....

Well, a plus is that the MWC is a nine-team conference. Adding a Texas team would allow them to split into East-West divisions (Imagine that! A Texas team in the "East")

East:

UNT

TCU

Air Force

Colorado State

New Mexico State

West:

BYU

UNLV

SDSU

Utah

Wyoming

East:

UNT

TCU

Air Force

Colorado State

New Mexico State

West:

BYU

UNLV

SDSU

Utah

Wyoming

A.F.,Col.State, and NMS are probably as close or closer than FAU and FIU. I see your point, it would give TCU the traveling partner and expose more of the metroplex and east tx to the west.