Please Post Highlights From Td's News Conference Or The Town Hall

NT80

Is it over now, myscreen just went blank?

Seemed like they were still taking questions, but I guess they are not for us to hear.

Regarding highlights, most of it was review of things we knew. He mentioned that A.J. Penson was the best defensive player his teams had played against in the past 5 years.

&^$^%#@@*

I was unable to get the sound working for the online news conference so post any tidbits that Dodge mentioned...

Mentioned the following:

TD will use Walker as a slot receiver. While he sees King, Roberson, and Johnson as outside receivers. He sees Dibrell and Lewis as combo receivers that can play inside or outside.

TD stated that all 6 receivers need to be ready to contribute this season.

In the 80 games he coached for Carroll, Penson was the best defensive player they faced.

Vizza's name rhymes with Pizza. I had assumed it sounded like Piza, as in the leaning tower.

Drake and the new facilities had a big role in convincing Scoggins to sign with the mean Green.

TD stated that if he had a year to evaluate players, Vizza would have been the QB he targeted.

All four returning quarterbacks are on an even level as far as the competition for starter is concerned.

Edited by Eagle-96

Mentioned the following:

TD will use Walker as a slot receiver. While he sees King, Roberson, and Johnson as outside receivers. He sees Dibrell and Lewis as combo receivers that can play inside or outside.

In the 80 games he coached for Carroll, Penson was the best defensive player they faced.

Vizza's name rhymes with Pizza. I had assumed it sounded like Piza, as in the leaning tower.

Drake and the new facilities had a big role in convincing Scoggins to sign with the mean Green.

TD stated that if he had a year to evaluate players, Vizza would have been the QB he targeted.

All four returning quarterbacks are on an even level as far as the competition for starter is concerned.

Great highlights, thanks! I was still at work and had to miss it.

Mentioned the following:

He also mentioned the Jr. College RB that was on campus. He said that he wanted to sign two RB's because the current two on the team were going to be seniors this year. That obviously leaves out Evan Robertson.

He mentioned that there were several walk-ons on campus who would be getting a lot of "reps" during the spring. That should be an interesting group.

Back from the Town Hall Mtg...

Got to sit by Buff64...haven't talked to him since fall scrimmages...we discussed the recruiting class

Dodge came in and went over recruiting class, told a story about each recruit, some of which were similar to the press conference, others different.

Met coaching staff, finally able to put a name to faces.

Took as many questions as the crowd had to ask...which was only about 10-12 I would say.

BIG DAWG asked a couple of questions...felt oddly intimidated for some reason, not normally like me to be that way. I guess it was being in the presence of greatness...Todd Dodge

1) If there were any players currently on the roster that he has already decided on a position change?

Answer: No, not enough time to evaluate them yet - more towards spring ball

2) I also asked if the RB's would share the load similar to what we have been used to under the DD regime.

Answer: He hadn't had that luxury in the past, but if he did have that luxury he could possibly take advantage of that

Also saw the highlight film of the recruits playing in the background...really cool highlights by many of the recruits

Beer, food, etc.

Georgio was the mediator

Finally got to meet Harry face to face, haven't had that opportunity since I have been on the board somehow. Got to thank him for all of the hard work he puts into this show...I know there are others and you are also on my list.

Pretty cool all in all. Really enjoyed myself

Any specific questions send me a PM or post here...