The Athletic Department's Signing Day Blog

ntsumgspe

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was simply making a joke...not getting pissed...simply a joke.

This is a "typical UNT/Denton Fan always finds something else to get pissed about" nothing...taking a stupid post intended humorous, and someone spinning it bad.

Sorry if I offended anyone with my harmless post <_<

It's not your fault you dont understand the world greatest game.

Big Dawg,

Go back to your trailer, eat a TV dinner, and watch Hee-Haw.

From the DMN recruiting blog - [Trinity coach] Lineweaver praised the recruiting work of new North Texas coach Todd Dodge.

"Just Coach Dodge's name says a lot in the Metroplex," said Lineweaver. "He's established so much, and not just his job at Carroll High School but his camps there. He's a very good recruiter, and kids want to play for him."

I'm getting worried about Vizza. Usually a HS teams recruits will all sit down and sign at the same time, I think he's wavering (my opinion). Hopefully I'm wrong and if you ask my wife I usually am. I hope Vizza just has a big head and wants to be the cherry on top of this delicious recruiting class.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Remember he has de-committed once (Nevada) so it wouldn't be something new to him ;)

Gentlemen, please, rest your sphincters.

Give Mr. Vizza time. Maybe he had a big test this morning. Maybe his school's fax machine is broke. All kinds of possibilities. Let's hold off accusing the kid of wavering or changing his mind or grand-standing until justified.

Edited by Smitty

Give Mr. Vizza time. Maybe he had a big test this morning. Maybe his school's fax machine is broke. All kinds of possibilities. Let's hold off accusing the kid of wavering or changing his mind or grand-standing until justified.

the fax machine worked just fine for his team mate.

I'm still leaning toward ego/grand-standing.

Dibrell was able to get his fax in from the same school so I would doubt that is the problem.

May not mean anything, but if you notice at the bottom of the blog, where they are keeping the runnig list of signees, there are two spots left on their chart.

Does this mean we have two spots left...1 for Vizza, and another for a unknown recruit?

Why would they leaveone blank slot...could have happened, but something that got me thinking...

OL Leung

I found this kind of interesting.......

If you go to Rivals and look at the NT recruits, it has them all signing a LOI except for Vizza.

Now, compare NT's list with the other Sunbelt schools. The other schools only have 1/2 of the recruits or less signed to a LOI so far.

Maybe Vizza is not abnormal in this instance. But, perhaps the other NT recruits just put out an effort to get the faxes in early.

It could also be that Rivals is updating the NT info faster than the other schools.

Over slept? Forgot it was signing day? Lost his pen? Arrested for speeding while on the way to fax his LOI ? Kidnapped by aliens? Waiting for a call from America Idol ?

I think meangreensports.com may have trumped all other Texas universities with the recruiting blog idea. I found a link to it on the DMN site and no other schools are mentioned having anything similar to provide almost instant updates (never mind the fact that he calls us Boise State).

PLUMM....have you been talking to Mr. McMahon about how you want UNT to emulate Boise State again??? :lol:

Kudos to the UNT athletic department!

http://recruitingblog.dallasnews.com/

Carroll kids get faxes in first

Southlake Carroll LB Justin Padron and DE Kyle Russo must be excited about continuing to play for coach Todd Dodge. They were the first North Texas recruits to fax their letters of intent this morning.

For more on The Next Boise State's recruiting class, check out the Mean Green athletic department's recruiting blog (is an actual link on Tim McMahon's blog).

Also, it looks like we're going to have one hell of women's soccer recruiting class....did TD help out on that too??? <_<

Edited by gangrene

We have been receiving several questions regarding a particular prospect. Our quarterbacks coach Todd Ford has had contact with a prospect and is encouraged by what he has heard. Keep checking the Meangreensports.com for the latest in all recruiting updates.

What the hell does this mean???

Is this meaning that we are competing for this kid?

A recruiting day disaster?

I am absolutely sure that this means we are competing at the last minute for this guy - which to me is not a recruiting day disaster - it's just part of the game when you're going after top-rated talent.

Let's see how it goes - at least we have some drama added to the mix! ;)

Yep.. sounds to me like some wavering.. could come down to the last minute on this one... fighting for a big piece of the puzzle down to the last second on signing day... that's the recruiting game, folks!

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

(never mind the fact that he calls us Boise State). . . .

PLUMM....have you been talking to Mr. McMahon about how you want UNT to emulate Boise State again??? :lol:

. . .

For more on The Next Boise State's recruiting class, check out the Mean Green athletic department's recruiting blog (is an actual link on Tim McMahon's blog).

Considering the quality of football that UNT has produced the past 2 years, I can think of much less flattering comparisons some might make. I'll take it as a compliment, and look forward to forging our own identity in the near future.