Welcome Aboard Coach Dodge!

Harry

I am very excited to have you leading our football program and will support you in every way that I can.

I am planning on attending your game this Saturday at 1pm (Texas Stadium) and will be wearing my Mean Green gear proudly. I hope that others will join me!

GMG!

We got OUR GUY!!! I cant wait for spring football. Rick Villareal is getting a christmas card from me, and it will read "Merry Christmas..you are the FREAKIN MAN!"

Oh, and I'm upping my MGC donation level. If RV was willing to do this for us, I'm doing my part to show we appreciate it.

GMG!!!

I agree. Now that DD is gone and we have our new coach I will be joining the MGC.

Welcome aboard Coach Dodge! For the last two years my subscript comment has remained unchanged...not because I wanted it that way but because each week it was appropriate and timely. I'm looking forward to changing it, thanks to your approach to the game of football.

We're finally on the same team!!!!!!!!!

Here's my Todd Dodge story.

After his junior year in high school, his parents moved to my home town. I was just in 7th grade, but already a big fan of Longview Lobo football. Todd had been named by a few publications as the top qb prospect in the state. The Longview coach promptly told him, "Son, I already have a quarterback." He did not move with his parents and stayed at his old high school, I think it was Port Arthur. Interestingly enough his mom became my math teacher.

I am very excited to be on the same team as Todd Dodge.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach Dodge-

Thank you for coming to North Texas!

You are going to have fun, you will have tremendous support from the fans, and you will have great success! You are going to be at the right school, at the right time! The whole North Texas nation will be there with you ! Thanks again!

Charlie NT73

Besides myself, Coach Dodge could be the second Mean Green connection from Port Arthur, Tx. Welcome aboard coach!

And for those that don't know it, Todd Dodge's former high school coach, Ronnie Thompson, is now coaching at PA Memorial HS, formerly Thomas Jefferson. Coach Thompson schooled Dodge on the offense that Dodge runs.

Hmmmmmm. Ronnie Thompson for Offensive Coordinator at NT? rolleyes.gif

I don't want to come off as negative during this euphoric time, but I've been reading the posts on Dodge for the last few weeks. I haven't posted because I'm not as up on coaches as many of you are. I know Dodge has done great things at the HS level, but I'm wondering why hiring a high school is a good thing for a college team. How will he make the transition to college level play? And is it a great recruiting tool? (I'll take my hits now). smile.gif

I don't want to come off as negative during this euphoric time, but I've been reading the posts on Dodge for the last few weeks.  I haven't posted because I'm not as up on coaches as many of you are.  I know Dodge has done great things at the HS level,  but I'm wondering why hiring a high school is a good thing for a college team.  How will he make the transition to college level play? And is it a great recruiting tool?  (I'll take my hits now).  smile.gif

Put it like this: you are in one of two camps. Either you believe that it is possible for a high school coach to be successful in college or that it isn't.

If you believe that it is possible for a high school coach to have success at the next level, you won't ever find a better candidate than Todd Dodge.

If you believe that it isn't possible, then nothing I can ever say will convince you, so we'll have to agree to disagree. Until then, I'll just enjoy the excitement that comes with renewed hope.

WELCOME ABOARD Coach Dodge!!! smile.gif

Wrong, Right, or Indifferent...you are now the coach of OUR FB team, and a key stakeholder in the MEAN GREEN NATION. So, I will support you as best I can, and I know I am not alone here.

Again...WELCOME Coach Dodge...HC of The University of North Texas Mean Green!!!

These are great time to be Green and to be excited about the future of our program. However, don’t set the standards so high (i.e. - TD = Savior) so that anything short of 10 win seasons seems like disappointments. Let’s support Dodge but at the same time let’s not put him in a “no-win” situation.

I don't want to come off as negative during this euphoric time, but I've been reading the posts on Dodge for the last few weeks.  I haven't posted because I'm not as up on coaches as many of you are.  I know Dodge has done great things at the HS level,  but I'm wondering why hiring a high school is a good thing for a college team.  How will he make the transition to college level play? And is it a great recruiting tool?  (I'll take my hits now).  smile.gif

I agree with you. And history is not on his side as far as HS Coaches making the jump to a Div 1 HC. But then again Todd Dodge is what and 1 as a HC? That in my book makes him a winner. We just hired a WINNER. Who has coached on the college level. Who cares if he was or was not my pick. He is my (our) HEAD COACH. Fans should do nothing but encourage him at this point, as I am sure that you (as most of the MGN) will. I loved what illuvius32 said "...I'll just enjoy the excitement that comes with renewed hope." I agree brotha.