DD is here for another year

eulesseagle

As much as most of you would like to fire DD, IMHO, he is here for another year.

UNT just aint got the money to get rid of him after this season.

This will give PMG another year of posts on Jackson, DD, RV and the state of texas.

There are some other reasons as well, which I won't go into here, why he might stay another year. Not exactly what I might want, but it may turn out best in the long run. I don't know if I can bear another year of watching what I've seen this year, other than the SMU victory. Since I've watched through thick and thin before, though, guess I can grit my teeth and hold on for one more year.

As much as most of you would like to fire DD, IMHO, he is here for another year.

UNT just aint got the money to get rid of him after this season.

This will give PMG another year of posts on Jackson, DD, RV and the state of texas.

I will argue that UNT can't afford to keep DD, and if for some silly reason they keep DD it will be a near fatal blow to the Football program. Terms for resignation are very negotiable and won't cost that much. But I know my group, plus the group we tailgate with will be done if DD COMES BACK. That accounts for about 50 season tickets plus several MGC memberships.

I watched the post-LA Tech game interview with DD. He stated that he intends to increase competition for starters' playing time, and will try out more players from the so-called green team. He then stated very clearly, I am trying out other players to win our remaining games, not as a way to get ready for next season. Apparently, DD believes (or knows) he will be here, or they simply haven't told him he's gone.

My prediction: DD stays one more year with a big time coaching shake up. Brewster's play calling that generated more touchdowns in any of our games (except maybe the SMU game) using "second string" players finally showed what a boob RF is.

Edited by chrisfisher

I watched the post-LA Tech game interview with DD.  He stated that he intends to increase completion for starters' playing time, and will try out more players from the so-called green team.  He then stated very clearly, I am trying out other players to win our remaining games, not as a way to get ready for next season.  Apparently, DD believes (or knows) he will be here, or they simply haven't told him he's gone. 

My prediction:  DD stays one more year with a big time coaching shake up.  Brewster's play calling that generated more touchdowns in any of our games (except maybe the SMU game) using "second string" players finally showed what a boob RF is.

To make this statement this late into the season, toward the end of the 9th year by a coach that has the worst winning percentage in school history is a joke. Talk about a little too little way too late. Also keep in mind La Tech has the worst D in Division 1.

Fire Dickey don't buy into this BS.

To make this statement this late into the season, toward the end of the 9th year by a coach that has the worst winning percentage in school history is a joke. Talk about a little too little way too late. Also keep in mind La Tech has the worst D in Division 1.

Fire Dickey don't buy into this BS.

I didn't mean to post this as a reason for him to stay (or go). I was simply reporting an observation I had last night while watching the post-game interview. My prediction that he will be here is not necessarily my own person desires; rather a prediction based on what I have read here, statements made by the coaches, and observation of behavior by the coaches, staff, UNT, etc.

How in the heck does PMG have time to write these Novels on every post, it is all I can do to write one paragraph.

You think he has a manifesto somewhere and he just edits as needed?

Or do you think it's all written out in paint on his walls?

REDRUM!

YAR YBBOB!

SLLEB SLLEH!

REKNILS ERIF!

He stated that he intends to increase completion for starters' playing time,

I'm confused...what does "increase completion for starters' playing time" mean?

This talk of Dickey staying another year is crazy talk. Every one of you is starting to sound complacent with the thought of DD staying another year. What if that happens, and DD finishes 6-5 again next year and makes it to the NO Bowl again? What then? Will we all be happy and think everything in the Mean Green world is good again? I won't...DD has got to go.

The sooner we get rid of him and get someone in here who is not intimidated or frustrated by the "big, bad Texas schools" the sooner we'll have a chance at some national prominence. Being out-recruited by SMU is embarrassing enough, but being out-recruited by our Sunbelt brethren is down-right unacceptable. North Texas needs a head coach that believes the Mean Green belong on the same field with Top 25 schools and he needs to make our team believe they belong and can win each and every game they play.

Edited by gangrene

yeah people starting these "new" threads about DD staying just to draw attention is ridiculous. he is going to get fired. i love RV BUT if he doesn't get rid of Dickey, then either RV needs to come out and say that he wanted to fire him but the BOR or whoever wouldn't let him OR RV needs to move on himself. however, DD is gone so i am not worried about it

This talk of Dickey staying another year is crazy talk.  Everyone one of you is starting to sound complacent with the thought of DD staying another year.  What if that happens, and DD finishes 6-5 again next year and makes it to the NO Bowl again?  What then?  Will we all be happy and think everything in the Mean Green world is good again?  I won't...DD has got to go. 

"Everyone"

I take that as a personal attack!! tongue.gif

Maybe I'm wrong, but I am starting to sense some acceptance of the idea of DD returning.

If DD stays, I have to assume it is because of the financial donors he brings to the table. However, can any fan, recruit, coaching prospect, sports analyst or any other D1A athletic program think we are serious at NT if there is not a major shake up with the coaching below HC on a team that goes 2 consecutive years with only 2 wins each season?

With that said, make the big money donors put their money where their mouth is. If Mac will only support a new stadium while Dickey is at the helm, make him sign a contract before the seasons out. Then at least, even if we have to put up with Dickey ball for the rest of his contract, we can at least hope for a better future in our new stadium. I have to believe a new stadium will help our recruiting prospects.

I'm confused...what does "increase completion for starters' playing time" mean?

This talk of Dickey staying another year is crazy talk.  Every one of you is starting to sound complacent with the thought of DD staying another year.  What if that happens, and DD finishes 6-5 again next year and makes it to the NO Bowl again?  What then?  Will we all be happy and think everything in the Mean Green world is good again?  I won't...DD has got to go. 

The sooner we get rid of him and get someone in here who is not intimidated or frustrated by the "big, bad Texas schools" the sooner we'll have a chance at some national prominence.  Being out-recruited by SMU is embarrassing enough, but being out-recruited by our Sunbelt brethren is down-right unacceptable.  North Texas needs a head coach that believes the Mean Green belong on the same field with Top 25 schools and he needs to make our team believe they belong and can win each and every game they play.

sorry good catch.. I re-edited my original post.. should have said "increased competition for starters' playing time?"

The only disagreement with your above statement is that you believe we are complacent. I'll be damn if I can't go a day without reading we need a new coach. I am actually getting bored with it. Just b/c I predict he will be around, doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it. My opinion on replacing DD depends on the new coach. For all we know, DD could be gold compared to who they bring in. With all the contract buy out stuff, I suspect he'll still be around albeit with a new OC and/or OL coach. Do I know this? Of course not. Pure speculation. But then again, that why they call it an opinion board.

Edited by chrisfisher

yeah people starting these "new" threads about DD staying just to draw attention is ridiculous.  he is going to get fired.  i love RV BUT if he doesn't get rid of Dickey, then either RV needs to come out and say that he wanted to fire him but the BOR or whoever wouldn't let him OR RV needs to move on himself.  however, DD is gone so i am not worried about it

RV has been very quiet lately, and Vito is afraid to ask him the tough questions. I think RV knows the fan base needs some hope for the future...and that's not DD. He needs to do the right thing for the program...get a new head coach, as in a month ago so he can start recruiting!

sorry good catch.. I re-edited my original post.. should have said "increased competition for starters' playing time?"

Gotcha. Still, that statement of "increased competition for playing time" by DD confuses me...does that mean that, up until now, starters have been secure in their position and felt no threat from their back-ups possibly replacing them if they failed to perform? No wonder we've seen such lackluster efforts this season!!

The only disagreement with your above statement is that you believe we are complacent.  I'll be damn if I can't go a day without reading we need a new coach. I am actually getting bored with it.  Just b/c I predict he will be around, doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it.  My opinion on replacing DD depends on the new coach. For all we know, DD could be gold compared to who they bring in.  With all the contract buy out stuff, I suspect he'll still be around albeit with a new OC and/or OL coach.  Do I know this? Of course not. Pure speculation. But then again, that why they call it an opinion board.

Well, it's good to know that you wouldn't be complacent with DD for another year. I definitely share your concern about DD's replacement but, at this point, I'm convinced whoever it is can't be any worse. I truly believe any of the perenial cellar dwellers in the larger conferences could come into the SBC and dominate year after year. Kansas, Baylor, Kentucky, Vandy, Arizona, Oregon State, etc., etc. Hell, I'm not sure even SMU couldn't join the Belt and go undefeated next year. I'm not necessarily bashing the Belt as much as I'm expressing how easy it should be for us to expect to be crowned SBC Champs EVERY year.

If DD stays, I have to assume it is because of the financial donors he brings to the table. However, can any fan, recruit, coaching prospect, sports analyst or any other D1A athletic program think we are serious at NT if there is not a major shake up with the coaching below HC on a team that goes 2 consecutive years with only 2 wins each season?

With that said, make the big money donors put their money where their mouth is. If Mac will only support a new stadium while Dickey is at the helm, make him sign a contract before the seasons out. Then at least, even if we have to put up with Dickey ball for the rest of his contract, we can at least hope for a better future in our new stadium. I have to believe a new stadium will help our recruiting prospects.

At any program in the top 6 conferences, you don't have coaches that are not gone after what DD has done these past two seasons. However, at those same schools, he probably would have been gone that year he started 1-5, and then went on to win the conference.

As far as Mac, if he is only going to support a new stadium while Dickey is at the helm and we are waiting for that, you can go ahead and kiss what is left of this program, goodbye. At the EARLIEST I could see us having a new stadium would be at least 3 years from now, and the support that is left after this season I can only imagine how bad it would be after 3 more years of this DD regime. Get rid of DD, even if means Mac leaves. You can't let one guy (2 if you count DD) hold an entire program that is trying to move forward, hostage. Now, maybe if he wants to fund the ENTIRE stadium, but I doubt he is going to donate that much.