Who's fault was it this time that we screwed up?

UNT_playmaker

Who's fault this time

Was it Dickey's fault, FR, Kenny Evans, or Diet Coke Boy

Well Dickey wasnt at the helm but his game plans were in I believe picked out before the game started...

Who's fault is it this time, that we lost to lowly Arkansas State...

I dont think so much Dickey anymore....

Did anyone else catch this, I was watching up until halfitme, had to go study....

But in the second quarter, the announcer said, whoa there Dickey dont get too excited and jump from your sofa, down there in Dallas, Texas

Uh, didnt those weirdo's know UNT is a Denton based University....

Is Lee Jackson gaining ground on turing UNT into a Dallas institution.... ph34r.gif

Edited by UNT_playmaker

There is some talent on this team, but the thing I cant figure out, what happened after the SMU game...

I mean do you guys see what the emotional pressure and importance of beating SMU did to the psyche of our players, coaches and fans

The stadium was packed, loud, and rocking....

Everyone was pumped up....Even the idiots in the parking lot who missed the best game of the year.....You guys know they are mostly fraternity idiots who want the chance to drink themselves to becoming idiots in public....well they dont need beer to do that officially..

how about our swiss cheese front 3 who on many occassions were just getting pushed and spun anywhere ark st wanted them to go. There were times we had 4 guys rushing and all of them were shoved right next to each other in a tidy package. Speed at linebacker?? where was it...that qb made each and everyone of them look slow. Where's all the emotion on the sideline...no high fiving, no helmet slapping. Do our coaches require no emotion from themselves and the players......look at pete carroll...

We need Rick Neuheisel...and his march madness pools.

Who's fault this time

Well Dickey wasnt at the helm but his game plans were in I believe picked out before the game started...

"lowly Arkansas State"... biggrin.gif ....uh-huh.

I am not so sure about that.

There is a huge amount of talent on this team. Lineberry, Thomas, Woody, Collins (yeah hes a freshman but this guy has huge upside we are just now seeing), Henderson, Quinn, Nwigwe, Jackson, Graves, Mendoza. I can go on and on about the talent that could and should be able to put together all-belt performances this season or in the future. If you have seen this team play you would not question the talent. Now the coaching of the talent, thats a different story.

If you have seen this team play you would not question the talent.  Now the coaching of the talent, thats a different story.

Really? you sure?

Its dangerous territory to comment further - but outside of a few guys...really?

This is an idiotic thread.

1. ASU is a good team, far from lowly.

Everyone was pumped up....Even the idiots in the parking lot who missed the best game of the year.....You guys know they are mostly fraternity idiots who want the chance to drink themselves to becoming idiots in public....well they dont need beer to do that officially..

No comment.

I mean do you guys see what the emotional pressure and importance of beating SMU did to the psyche of our players, coaches and fans

You can't be serious.

There is a huge amount of talent on this team.  Lineberry, Thomas, Woody, Collins (yeah hes a freshman but this guy has huge upside we are just now seeing), Henderson, Quinn, Nwigwe, Jackson, Graves, Mendoza.  I can go on and on about the talent that could and should be able to put together all-belt performances this season or in the future.  If you have seen this team play you would not question the talent.  Now the coaching of the talent, thats a different story.

Listing off some of names from the team does little to convince me otherwise. And some of those you listed off are still suspect. This team has very little talent. The numbers, the record, and the on the field performance seems to make my statement valid.

Lineberry, Thomas, Woody, Collins (yeah hes a freshman but this guy has huge upside we are just now seeing), Henderson, Quinn, Nwigwe, Jackson, Graves, Mendoza.

Quinn: great talent and uses it. No questions here.

Lineberry & Thomas: both great talents, but for various reasons have not performed to their potential recently.

Woody: great physical skills.

Collins: what is his upside. He was recruited as an undersized DE/TE from a 3A school that hasn't had much success, Kennedale. I hope you are right, but his credentials coming out of HS don't lead me to believe that he would develop into a great D1 player.

Henderson: great practice player, but hasn't proven anything in a game.

Nwigwe: great speed, had character issues a few years ago and sat out 2004. Other than a few big plays has not shown the consistency needed to be a "go to" receiver.

Jackson: still waiting on consistency.

Mendoza: too slow to be an every down LB.

Graves: anybody wonder why he didn't want to redshirt and come back next year?

This is an idiotic thread.

1.  ASU is a good team, far from lowly.

No comment.

You can't be serious.

Do you just check in on the board every once and a while to see if someone you dont like posts a thread....and then write negative things about it, but you cant really follow it up any basis...

If my threads are so pointless and idiotic than why is Lifer, that they tend to have the most views and replys...

Idiotic you say...well you quoting one of my passages and writing No Comment was something else that Im going to refrain myself from saying, Ill just leave it as Idiotic...

Do you just check in on the board every once and a while to see if someone you dont like posts a thread....and then write negative things about it, but you cant really follow it up any basis...

If my threads are so pointless and idiotic than why is Lifer, that they tend to have the most views and replys...

Because its mostly people disagreeing with you or trying to decipher whatever the hell it is you just wrote.

Like that post just now, in the quotes....

Who's fault this time

I dont think so much Dickey anymore....

Did anyone else catch this, I was watching up until halfitme, had to go study....

But in the second quarter, the announcer said, whoa there Dickey dont get too excited and jump from your sofa, down there in Dallas, Texas

Uh, didnt those weirdo's know UNT is a Denton based University....

Is Lee Jackson gaining ground on turing UNT into a Dallas institution.... ph34r.gif

Please reread your original post above and explain to me its purpose.

Are you trying to figure out who is at fault for our poor play?

Are you pissed at the announcers for stating Dallas instead of Denton?

Are you worried that Jackson is going to totally uproot the university and move it to Dallas?

Lowly Arkansas State

They aren't lowly.

There's my follow up. I don't know you, so how would I know if I like you or not? Your original post is confusing and is all over the place.

Edited by UNTLifer

Quinn: great talent and uses it.  No questions here.

Lineberry & Thomas: both great talents, but for various reasons have not performed to their potential recently.

Woody:  great physical skills.

Collins: what is his upside.  He was recruited as an undersized DE/TE from a 3A school that hasn't had much success, Kennedale.  I hope you are right, but his credentials coming out of HS don't lead me to believe that he would develop into a great D1 player.

Nwigwe: great speed, had character issues a few years ago and sat out 2004.  Other than a few big plays has not shown the consistency needed to be a "go to" receiver.

How do you know if Lineberry and Thomas have not peformed to their potential?

Also it is hard for Nwigwe and Jackson to be consistent when they dont ever get any balls thrown their way.

And also if you look Kennedale has been pretty good lately.

Let me clarify.

Thomas has had hamstring issues the last few years and hasn't performed to the level he did as a freshman. I believe he is close to being back, but the OL is not good this year.

Jackson doesn't seem to have the ball thrown his way or get on the field enough. This could be a result of the system, and wouldn't surprise me if we are wasting his talent. I'll stand by my comments on Nwigwe.

Collins could turn out to be great, but he has been an unknown until recently. I'm just curious why the comment was made about his "upside."

Quinn: great talent and uses it.  No questions here.

Woody:  great physical skills.

Collins: what is his upside.  He was recruited as an undersized DE/TE from a 3A school that hasn't had much success, Kennedale.  I hope you are right, but his credentials coming out of HS don't lead me to believe that he would develop into a great D1 player.

Nwigwe: great speed, had character issues a few years ago and sat out 2004.  Other than a few big plays has not shown the consistency needed to be a "go to" receiver.

Henderson, along with the rest of the line has shown the ability to miss blocks consistently.