Arkansas State tore down their goal posts

stebo

Ok, I know that we have overplayed the whole "tear down the goal post" thing - but is it a little much for Arkansas State to tear them down after a win over Army to start the season?

user posted image

Well at least their fan base is getting fired up.

Congrats Arkansas State!

Please don't tear down the goal post for SMU. After seeing the budget our athletic deparment works with - the money to replace them could be better spent somewhere else. Also, we need to start acting like we should beat some of these types of opponents.

As for ASU, since they were the only Belt team that played respectable yesterday -they get a pass from me.

Edited by GMoney

ASU students were told by the AD that if we won the game to tear down the goalposts. we have purchased new goalpost for $9,000. Our AD want to test them to see if the new breakaway goals would work. obviously they didn't. Anyways, this is the most excited our students and fans have been for a long time. let them have fun and injoy any win we get. 1-0 baby!

Edited by statefanatic

at least we can prepare for next weeks game with a win under our belt. when you can say the same please do so. what is NT record now since last year. 2-10 I do believe.

Please come back to the boards on October 21 after the UNT Vs. Arkansas State game so we can reassess the record of both teams. I do congratulate you on your victory however. Sunbelt can only progress as conference if our teams start winning more legit OOC games.

Arky beat ARMY. Yes, I-A independent ARMY. They aren't a rival, they sure ain't ranked, and they tore down the posts. Sad.

This would be the equivalent of us bringing them down for beating Tennessee-Martin. SMU is a very legit rival, thus it's good.

And on bringing the down at Ford.....absolutely! They'll be plenty more of us.

Arky beat ARMY. Yes, I-A independent ARMY. They aren't a rival, they sure ain't ranked, and they tore down the posts. Sad.

This would be the equivalent of us bringing them down for beating Tennessee-Martin. SMU is a very legit rival, thus it's good.

And on bringing the down at Ford.....absolutely! They'll be plenty more of us.

Awful snotty attitude.

Pretty damn big insult to compare one of the great historic programs of I-A to a perennial I-AA dreg.

As stated before. Army tore 'em down when they beat us so we showed them the same respect.

Fact is haven't been too many times when anyone in the Belt had the option of tearing down the posts at the conclusion of a I-A non-conference game.

If we beat SMU I hope we tear the entire stadium down.

Finally LoRo you are saying what we all wanted to hear....

It's official GMG.com has declared that Fouts will get torn down, via a SMU victory.....on Saturday..... Let's do it, Beat SMU and no more FOUTS.....finally

What better way of celebrating than demolishing something we hate and having the opportunity of playing in something we can enjoy going to.....

In a related note....My friends and I ( All UNT alumni ) and avid tailgaters went to Lake Ray Roberts to go hiking and such....

When en route we passed by the DISD stadium and I yelled out look man at that new stadium they built. To my suprise my friend said wow that is really nice when does UNT start playing in that, it is their new stadium they're building right.... I told him that it was the Denton ISD stadium.....He said " oh, well it looks alot nicer and bigger than we have...., our college stadium looks like a high school one and the high school one looks like a college one".

I told him that one had only about 12,000-14,000 seats, to which he said isnt that how many fouts has....I started to laugh and said Fouts had 31,000, but realized today that he is right.....

If you look at it. Fouts has 7,500 on each side meant for football viewing= 15,000

the other 15,000 added on, were just meant to met D-1 requirements to move along, they are not in any way football seats.. They are in my opinion alumnium cans that are called seats, which are just tin bleachers....

At that point in 1995, we were in desperate need of a stadium and still are....

When you say other colleges are surpassing us, remember that other high schools are doing the same, that is even the case in Denton, where they are just now realizing that Loop 288 needs expansion