UT is Bush leage

eeally

fake punts going on 4th and 3....

Lets face it ... that was total bullshit!!!

Why do I have disdain for the horns. why not!!!!

Classless..

Good effort by the Mean Green. If we could tackle and take advantage game would have been 21 pt diff.

OUT

Sorry I mispelled League....

Edited by eeally

As I posted earlier, I really don't have a problem with the fake punt. I knew it was coming, most of the stadium knew it was coming. This was a warm up game for Texas. They had to practice stuff like that.

What upset me was the continual going for it on 4th down late in the game. The game was completely out of hand by then and, I'm just assuming here, UT's FG kicker could use some practice. This btw was my big complaint 4 years ago when Mack went for it on 4th late in the game and we put Chance Mock on his butt.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

UT did not run the score on us, if they wanted it could have been much worse.

Dickey should have seen the fake punt coming he gets caught on that a few times each season.

If you look at the guys he had on the field he DID know it was comming. He just couldn't stop it. I didnt have a problem with that one as much as I did later in the game with the 4th and 2. UT should have kicked the FG.

Mac Brown has never tried to stop from running up the score on UNT.

fake punt, no biggie....going for it on 4th down sucked, but we should have been able to stop them. i don't like it, but i can't complain too much....i hope that tu loses next week when the game come down to a field goal and it's their kickers first attempt of the year...WIDE RIGHT!!!!

fake punt, no biggie....going for it on 4th down sucked, but we should have been able to stop them.  i don't like it, but i can't complain too much....i hope that tu loses next week when the game come down to a field goal and it's their kickers first attempt of the year...WIDE RIGHT!!!!

My thoughts too.

I have no problem with the fake punt or how Texas played.... The betting line was 41 and they were ahead by 42 when we "gave" them that last TD because of a fumble.

It also their first game of the year with their most important game next week.. they needed to give their starting team experience.

I am not near as down as I was two years ago when we looked awful... I saw a better game plan, a much better O-line and although the score was bad we had our moments and the time of poscession was rather even unbelievably. I think that from here on we will be very competive. This was a top-5 team that had 7 starters back on both sides of the ball and most of the new starters had lots of playing experience because of all the blowouts that they were in last year. A lot of teams may be defeated by them by similiar scores.

I do oppose teams just running up the score just because they can but I really don't think that happened today....... They are very good plus I was not ashamed of how we played... we kept trying and retained pride in ourselves... they were just a whole lot better.... they may be #1 after next week.

--Last comment...Wilson needs to be the QB based on today's game, but against an equal opponent that can't get to the QB it might be so much true.

Anyone know who is the opening day opponent next year for us???

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I agree with you Screaming Eagle. With all of the penalties we put on ourself, I think the score could have been much worse. Late in the game Texas had the 3rd or 4th string RB in the game. You can't tell them to not score.

I watched the game on TV. The one thing I was disapointed in were the defensive penalties and the punt coverage. You give any team the ball in your own side of the 50, that is bad. Plus getting faked out by the QB calls by the nose tackle was really bad.

UNT played better this time around. I can see a much closer score without so many nose guard penalties and better punt coverage.

Going for it on 4th down was, I think, a way to get more snaps for their young QBs.

I would agree if UT had some kind of track record of only keeping their starters in for so long in blowouts. Instead, they have a track record of keeping their starters in until late in the game against UNT, at least. So it wasn't as if that was going to be McCoy's last series or anything.