SOT: Gas is $3. What your mileage?

LongJim

My daily is a '94 Honda Accord and I usually get 24-26mpg. I live in Denton and commute ~80 miles roundtrip a day to work.

My '04 CTS-V sits in the garage and accumulates dust until the weekend. It only gets 17-19mpg, so I bought the Honda and drive that mostly.

2005 Honda Civic. For those days when you need to drive 50 miles roundtrip to North Richland Hills in the morning for work and 50 miles roundtrip to Denton in the evenings for school. Juicy 38 mpg on highway. I tease my Dodge Ram owning buddy about gas mileage all the time. Whenever he needs to accelerate quickly, I tell him, "well there goes another 8th of a tank."

Eye hart fuel efficiency.

Man, I had an 88 Honda Civic Wagovan that was the best car I ever had. I swear it got 45 mpg to Florida and back one time. I miss that car!

Painful for sure 1855. My old 96 F150 had the straight 6, and only got around 17-18. I have 2 tanks on this truck, and $78-85 to fill it. ph34r.gif

Pollock: Ouch.

Got5: I had a ~120 mile r/t for a while from N Bell ave to Gus Thomasson in Mesquite for about 7 months in 1993.

Hell.

Edited by LongJim

I'm currently getting 16.5 MPG in my '05 F150 Crew Cab 4x4(heaviest 1/2 ton with the largest boxed-in frame rail in the market). Yeah, it's not the greatest gas milage vehicle out there but it set the standard last year for the full size truck market during 45mph offset head on collision tests at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. When I have the most precious things in my world riding with me...my wife, my F5 and F4, that's all I give a damn about. Nothing else matters. NOTHING!

If I could afford the insurance, fuel, retrofit it with A/C and a stereo I would have opted for the 1944 standard duece and a half military personell carrier.

Other than driving on a Spanish highway, driving on an American highway is critically the most dangerous one activity a human can do today in the U.S. I see the bad results of it nearly once a week. Ever cleaned a deer? Yeah, just imagine that but with a human aspect to it. And in my line of work I also get to see how certain vehicles hold up during the public's irresponsible, playground crash derby we call our streets and highways, and so far I have been very impressed with how well the cab of the new F150 has performed in head on's and high speed roll overs.

Rick

Quick story. Getting the oil changed on my '99 Jeep Wrangler the other day, the guy pulled out my air filter, showed me how dirty it was and said, "This is where 30 percent of your fuel savings come from." I said, "Wow that's misleading. Are you telling me that if I change my air filter I'll get 30% better gas milage?" He so wanted to say yes, but looked at the logo on my shirt and saw I worked for a media outlet and revised his statement. I then went to the auto parts store down the street, bought one at half the cost and changed it out myself. They also wanted to charge me 10 dollars to replace a brake light. I laughed in his face, bought one for 50 cents and did it myself.

My Jeep Wrangler gets about 20 mph depending if I have the top up or down, city or highway. It's amazing the drag you get by having the top down.

My wifes Honda Civic gets unbelievable mileage. We're bringing it up for the SMU game. Unfortunately the NT stickers are all over my Jeep and the Longhorn decal is on her Civic. I really think a hybrid is in my future, but I just love my Jeep. Maybe that's why I take such good care of it. Enough about my car.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!

I'm currently getting 16.5 MPG in my '05 F150 Crew Cab 4x4(heaviest 1/2 ton with the largest boxed-in frame rail in the market).

I loved my old F150, but since buying the diesel, I will never go back to a gasser.

If I could afford the insurance, fuel, retrofit it with A/C and a stereo I would have opted for the 1944 standard duece and a half military personell carrier.

This is my dream ride:

International RXT--Ridiculous! laugh.gif

user posted image

93 Mazda MX6 with 162,000 + miles on it. Gets 32 mpg in Houston traffic. Only drive it to and from work and will until it dies. Doesn't burn any oil, and a mechanic told me recently that it could last another 100,000+.

Wife has a Maxima that gets 28mpg.

For all you guys complaining about gas mileage, Ford is having a helluva deal on their entire lineup(Volvo, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Jaguar, Land Rover, & Aston Martin).

0% up to 72 months and from what I've heard, they have lowered the credit rating requirements to qualify for this.

I'm so tempted to get rid of the Wife's Jeep and take advantage of this.

ohmy.gifbiggrin.gif