Bear with us

Harry

While it amazes me that someone would go to all the trouble of trying to hack a freaking fan board, it appears that it has happened. We will work to try and get this fixed and I apoligize for any inconveniences in the meantime.

Guest e-bone

Wow, what a hack job. The site loses no functionality... but they did get their homo logo up! Oh yeah, some text is red now. Watch out, these guys are dangerous! hahaha

Edited by e-bone

A high school site I am a mod on got hacked about a month ago. I understand what y'all are going through and while I am not a Mean Green fan, I do enjoy reading this board and occasionally responding. If there is anything I can do to help get this site back on track, please let me know.

I'll show those pesky Mean Green fans.  I'll put a demonic looking logo on the top of their board with "why won't girls talk to me" written in chicken scratch around the outside.

I thought that was the new helmet logo up that Lee Jackson was pushing.

I thought that was the new helmet logo up that Lee Jackson was pushing.

It is the Lee Jackson's new helmet logo, who do think had the gmg.com hacked.

"I will teach those guys that that pick on me, Football ain't everything," said UNT Chancellor Lee Jackson when questioned Tuesday night. He continued with, "it serves that gmg board right that we hacked them, they never say anything nice about me."

Wow, what a hack job. The site loses no functionality... but they did get their homo logo up! Oh yeah, some text is red now. Watch out, these guys are dangerous! hahaha

Considering the visual changes to the board are made through the DB I'd say he's quite dangerous. If you haven't noticed, he modified Emmitt's post above, changed his signature, and removed his avatar ... Plus it looks like he's banned or something to that effect ebone (lol!). Thankfully, it looks like he hasn't managed to gain access to the file system.

I do think it was stupid to post a pic linked through imageshack though. Someone might (though highly doubtful) be able to track the person down (assuming he/she didn't spoof their IP address) through the account. At the very least, the account will be shut down as it is a sure violation of the TOS.

We're not the only IPB site that's been hacked by this clown before (link).

Edited by UNTFan23

Probably an easy hack considering the board is version 2.0.4 and the most current version is 2.1.7. That's a whole lot of updates that have passed. A forum that I visit frequently learned after being hacked a bunch of times that they need to stay as current as possible.