Time to Think about 2-0 start to 2006!

I am not crazy here! Coach Dickey will want both to be statement games! Texas will not be looking past us to the following week, but what will take them down is they cannot even imagine us beating them. Coach Dickey wants that game! He also wants to beat SMU! It WILL happen!

SO.....GO! MEAN GREEN! GET READY LONGHORNS AND BEVO BOASTERS!

GET READY, MUSTANGS AND YOUR TWO DOZEN FANS!

I am not crazy here! Coach Dickey will want both to be statement games! Texas will not be looking past us to the following week, but what will take them down is they cannot even imagine us beating them. Coach Dickey wants that game! He also wants to beat SMU! It WILL happen!

SO.....GO! MEAN GREEN! GET READY LONGHORNS AND BEVO BOASTERS!

GET READY, MUSTANGS AND YOUR TWO DOZEN FANS!

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF WHY DRUGS ARE BAD!

I'M TIRED OF ALL OF THE GOD DAMN NEGATIVITY ON THIS SITE!

Get off if u dont believe in the team and their capabilities. All anyone ever does is diss on the team and talks about how sorry they are. Well F that! yall are sorry fans for doin nothing but dissin on em! Its good to hear green grenade talking like that, shit i wish more ppl would support the team in the same way he does. You always back ur team no matter what n want the best for them no matter what, not always dissin on em n talkin about how bad everyone is. Im tired of hearin yalls non-supporting asses bitch. If u could do so much better then why arn't u out there? Atleast support ur team n think positively going into things. UT maybe far off...maybe not. they will still be very good n very talented, but either way u look at it they will have a freshman QB. If we go in there pumped up and in the right mood n confident in our abilities anything can happen. SMU however, is a much reachable goal n i think we will play well against them. But dont hate on green grenade becasue he supports the team in a positive way.

Thanks Green Grenade. Ur the shit man, keep supportin!

Get off if u dont believe in the team and their capabilities. All anyone ever does is diss on the team and talks about how sorry they are. Well F that! yall are sorry fans for doin nothing but dissin on em! Its good to hear green grenade talking like that, shit i wish more ppl would support the team in the same way he does. You always back ur team no matter what n want the best for them no matter what, not always dissin on em n talkin about how bad everyone is. Im tired of hearin yalls non-supporting asses bitch. If u could do so much better then why arn't u out there? Atleast support ur team n think positively going into things. UT maybe far off...maybe not. they will still be very good n very talented, but either way u look at it they will have a freshman QB. If we go in there pumped up and in the right mood n confident in our abilities anything can happen. SMU however, is a much reachable goal n i think we will play well against them. But dont hate on green grenade becasue he supports the team in a positive way.

YAWN!!!

Welcome to the board.

What season to look forward too. rolleyes.gif

We follow this team and are the biggest fans this organization has. I show my support by showing up to every home game and at least one away game a year. I follow the team, the goings on of the program, and promote the sport to friends and others.

However, I am not going to be blinded by optimism and be unrealistic. I see where this program is and it isn't pretty. Last year was pathetic and I don't think i can find any real strength from any unit on that team. Besides the one year we went 9-3... that comment that we have been "good" prior to last year is questionable. Hopefully, things will be much much better. But, I am not going to act as if we are better than we really are. Not, until i see the progress.

Edited by Travis

why does no one ever have faith in the team? I understand they had a real bad year last year, but the years before that were good. why does everyone criticize them all the time?

It's not the team that I don't have faith in, it's the attitidue of the coaching staff.......and it starts at the top.

A week or so ago, I posted this link.

http://www.lighterside.com/website/store/p...%5Fpage%5Fno=21

If you want to see where the "attitude problem" begins, then purchase the T-shirt and ask Coach Dickey to wear it every day of the week leading up to the Texas game. See what he says.

While you're at it, you might just take him aside and say "Coach, what's your plan for winning the Texas game?" or "Coach, is it your plan to go down to Austin and win that game?".

My guess is that you won't get a straight answer. cool.gif

Now, if you had been around during the Hayden Fry or Corky Nelso era, the answer to the second question would have been an emphatic "HELL YES"!!!!

We don't hear stuff like that anymore.

Edited by SilverEagle

Basically, for those of us who have watched the Dickey era it is not a question of the players, we love the players...it is the coaching staff that has a "play not to lose" instead of a "play to win" attitude against big opponents. If you listen to the press-conferences and watch the games you can see it clearly. This is also why DD's OoC record is so poor, but the same attitude gets our team healthy for a run at conference.

DD's game plan for Texas will be in this order:

priority #1 - escape with no injuries

priority #2 - keep score respectable

priority #3 - solidify the players to start against SMU

Some people find this acceptable, some people do not...

Edited by the green rokemi

Guest e-bone

Please tell me that your son is the first generation in your family to go to college.

Please tell me that your son is the first generation in your family to go to college.

No kidding. At first I thought I was on the MUTS board by accident.

If someone from SMU were to read this and look down on us, I actually wouldn't blaim them.

I agree we're to negative of the team/coaches/administration/school etc. But if we were happy being where we were at, we would never progress to become a better university.

One last thing, if you go up to any local bar or talk to friends and claim that we will beat UT after going 2-9 people will consider you to be the local village idiot. I'm not saying GG II is an idiot, just that people perceive him as 'crazy'.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Anything is possible, with the right effort. The UT players and coaches are working like crazy to beat the devil out of North Texas. But if our players and coaches work like crazy every minute between now and then, then UT will be disappoiNTed. That's something worth fighting for.

DeNTonate the national chumpions!

Maybe GGII's deck doesn't have 52 cards, but his glass is half full, and I like the attitude. Here's hoping that the coaching staff exudes this same attitude to the team: Go 12-0. If you get beat by UT, then go 11-1.

Last year just started off with too much negative energy all the way around. Time to get this thing rollin' again. We are better this year at every skill position (ok - I'm counting on JT returning to form); we will be bigger and stronger on both lines; and we are kinda the 'underdogs' for the first time in a while.

Can't wait to whip SMU!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!

Last year just started off with too much negative energy all the way around. 

Hold on a minute. That simply wasn't the case. At this time last year we were all going on and on about having 2 nations leading rushers in the same backfield. Articles in ESPN the magazine and Front page material on USA Today added fuel to the Mean Green fire. This set everyone up for a high expectations that we would be able to defeat the likes of Tulsa, La Tech, and even rumblings of us sticking it to KState. But, you know the rest. With high expectations came higher disappointment.

Just wanted to make clear that last year started off anything but negative. 2-9 made things like they are. Put the 9 in the other column and things will change I am sure. Most of us will be cheering North Texas on regardless.

Edited by Zeke