ULM to choose new mascot by June 1

NT80

DMN:

Under the threat of NCAA sanctions, ULM president James Cofer has accepted the Mascot Committee's recommendation to retire it's 75-year-old mascot and choose a new one by June 1.

I suggest the "Mean Maroon". biggrin.gif

Edited by NT80

DMN:

Under the threat of NCAA sanctions, ULM president James Cofer has accepted the Mascot Committee's recommendation to retire it's 75-year-old mascot and choose a new one by June 1.

I suggest the "Mean Maroon".    biggrin.gif

GO! FIGHT'N NUTRIAS!!!!

http://www.nationaltrappers.com/nutria.html

You people are always looking at the glass half empty. Try and look on the bright side and remember that you will never have to hear that stupid stupid stupid annoying war chant again.

And now we won't have two schools in the same conference with the same mascot. That was kind of embarrasing. rolleyes.gif

You people are always looking at the glass half empty. Try and look on the bright side and remember that you will never have to hear that stupid stupid stupid annoying war chant again.

I REALLY dare ULM to play FSU and try that chant. I dare them. I dare them to go into that lion's den and try that bootleg Seminole-chop crap on the Seminoles themselves. Way to be original, ULM.

I don't think they should change mascots, though. That's political BS.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I don't like Northeast, but I wouldn't wish this on them. But let's look forward. It's time to break Virginia Tech's monopoly on the turkey theme. I don't know why they refer to turkeys as 'hokies' in Blacksburg, but I do know they like to fry turkeys in Monroe. So I'm gonna go with the 'Golden Gobblers' on this one, and they can keep the current colors to boot.

I think that San Francisco needs a team mascot "U. San Fran Wok-Hats".

Actually, "Samurai" would be a killer mascot/team name now I think of it. But it's Asian, so never mind that. Heaven forbid that we adopt a mascot name of a group we find admirable qualities in. I'm waiting for PETA to wig out about animal names for teams. I'm sure we'll hear something like, "We don't believe that the lions appreciate being cheapened by a pro football team."

You know, because lions actually care.

Actually, Troy and UALR share the mascot of "Trojans", so if the Indian names would have stayed the same and both of the Aggies would still be in the Belt, you'd have 6 teams with only three different mascots.

In the SEC, Georgia and Miss State are both Bulldogs and LSU and Auburn are both Tigers. It happens.

If you only have a year left to live, go to Monroe, LA because every day there is like an eternity.

Actually, "Samurai" would be a killer mascot/team name now I think of it. But it's Asian, so never mind that. Heaven forbid that we adopt a mascot name of a group we find admirable qualities in.

And then plaster our stereotypical and savage-like logos on everything? Not to mention sing dumbed-down made up versions of a ritualistic battle cry? Yeah, this is all just a PC thing... rolleyes.gif

Edited by Coffee and TV

I think that San Francisco needs a team mascot "U. San Fran Wok-Hats".

Actually, "Samurai" would be a killer mascot/team name now I think of it. But it's Asian, so never mind that. Heaven forbid that we adopt a mascot name of a group we find admirable qualities in. I'm waiting for PETA to wig out about animal names for teams. I'm sure we'll hear something like, "We don't believe that the lions appreciate being cheapened by a pro football team."

You know, because lions actually care.

Its ridiculous. Many of us think the same way as you MGD, but be careful, to some, it demonstrates your socio-political ignorance.

A few humble suggestions. I renounce all ownership rights to said suggestions, consider them in the Public Domain as a service to a conference-mate in need.

The University of Lousiana @ Monroe...

Nutria Nation

Swamp Snakes

Power Possums

Outlaws of the Ouachita

Killer Krawfish

Arrogant Acadians

Mighty Mudbugs

Crazy Creoles

Marvelous Mosquitos

Terrible Turtles

Maroon Goons