WEATHER

SilverEagle

The wife got 3 miles north of Weatherford on Hwy 51 trying to get to Springtown, then turned around to pick up the kids to go home. Said the two bridges are already freezing, no sand, emergency vehicles traveling north and southbound and several cars pulled over trying to avoid the slick spots. I suspect it will get worse for this afternoons commute home. If you can, stay home. Of course, if your reading this now, it's too late other than ready yourself for the "Pucker Factor" going home.

Rick

River Oaks/I30 all the way to about 820 east is light rain, which is turning to slush on the windshield. Bridges were clear at 7:45a, but the DOT signs are warning of freezing conditions coming.

Dry at I30/Cooper, but looks like the rain is heading in from the W/NW.

It's starting to freeze here in Denton. A little light sleet, but it's not sticking yet.

On my way here this morning, hit some ice in Lewisville. Nothing too bad, and most importantly, the bridge is still dry. The nasty weather is supposed to hit here around 11 am. I'll be leaving early.

Drove to downtown Fort Worth and back. On my front windshield, there were some spots that would freeze faster than the defroster could melt it. It's coming down pretty steady here in Northern Ft Worth/Tarrant county. I expect to hear that the Eagle Mountain/Saginaw ISD will be ending school early today.

BTW last night, Kristine Kahanek predicted that it would be this bad.

Edited by SilverEagle

West Fort Worth ...

Drove out towards Granbury for something ... saw 1 SUV on its side ... roads are okay but slick in some sports ... bridges are going to get bad pretty fast if it keep up the precip that's falling here ... saw some crews trying to get sand out.

I send my regards to those that try and attend the Happy Hour at the Flying Saucer this evening in Downtown FW.

76 degrees and sunny at Lihue airport Kauai.

Big dangerous swell coming from the North - expecting 25 foot faces on the North Shore by Thursday.

sorry guys, couldn't resist.

Actually miss those occassional wild storms in front of big fireplace. Stay safe.

GMG