Vote of No Confidence in Dickey

LoveMG

Yes, we sucked this year. But there is NO reason to abandon the entire coaching staff guys... Dickey will right the ship next season. He is that good.

If you really need to lynch someone, catch "Raging" Ramon Flannigan on his way out. DO what you want with him. Dickey is a good head coach and has earned the right to fix this thing. I know most of you on this board, and you have always been there for this team. Dont quit on the head coach becuase of one bad year. If OU can back Stoops after a bad year, and Penn St. can back Paterno after several down seasons, we can wait one year to see if Darrell Dickey is still the man who took us to FOUR straight bowl games. I think he is... Show some back bone and stand by a coach that has deliverred for us more than once.

That's what I'm doing, and I'm not alone. He has earned it.

Just my honest opinion.

GMG!!!

Yes, we sucked this year. But there is NO reason to abandon the entire coaching staff guys... Dickey will right the ship next season. He is that good.

If you really need to lynch someone, catch "Raging" Ramon Flannigan on his way out. DO what you want with him. Dickey is a good head coach and has earned the right to fix this thing. I know most of you on this board, and you have always been there for this team. Dont quit on the head coach becuase of one bad year. If OU can back Stoops after a bad year, and Penn St. can back Paterno after several down seasons, we can wait one year to see if Darrell Dickey is still the man who took us to FOUR straight bowl games. I think he is... Show some back bone and stand by a coach that has deliverred for us more than once.

Just my honest opinion.

GMG!!!

Please tell me what Dickey has done to deserve to mentioned in teh same sentence as Paterno or Stoops? With those guys, you know it's just a matter of time before their teams will back in the hunt for a national title. They have an overrall WINNING record.

What does Devil Dickey have?

HaHa!!!

Don't make me laugh putting DD in the same paragraph with Stoops and Paterno. that is a funny joke.... Wait your being serious.

Stoops and Paterno have main ting that DD does not and will never come close to sniffing and that is a NATIONAL TITLE!!!!! They have earned the right to a bad season or in Joe Pa's case a decade. Look at what Stoops did this year with a YOUNG Team, they improved immensely and will be going to a bowl, what did DD do with his young team?? Nothing at all they are at a very similar level now than where they were in Game 1.

Just my honest opinion.

GMG!!!

uhhhhhh let's not put Dickey in with either of those two. I understand we were young and he deserves to have a down season, but after 4 conf titles in a row, our recruiting should be good enough to get us to at least 4 or 5 wins in a down season not 2 in a year in which we didn't even win a home game.

Easy. One game. Make it a clear challenge.  He beats SMU, he keeps his job, He loses, he loses doubly.  This man must prove his ability to coach at an above-sun-belt level.

I love this proposition.

Sadly, SMU would spank NT if the two teams faced off today.

It may take a cross town Rival to kick NT where it hurts before the DD L & A's(lovers and apologists) green colored glasses come off.

Edited by Got5onIt

I love this proposition.

Sadly, SMU would spank NT if the two teams faced off today.

It may take a cross town Rival to kick NT where it hurts before the DD L & A's(lovers and apologists) green colored glasses come off.

You may be able to point to that game, and say, "I told you so".

I don't think Dickey should be kicked to the curb (hardly a lover or apologist)

But, if we don't get OOC games won, SMU being the most importan,t and lose just 1 sunbelt games next season, He should be fired.

Everyone I've seen on this board who don't think Dickey should be gone yet, are all saying, "Next season is when we make the decision."

You're not going out on a limb or giving a hot sports opinion by saying that.

You may be able to point to that game, and say, "I told you so".

I don't think Dickey should be kicked to the curb (hardly a lover or apologist)

But, if we don't get OOC games won, SMU being the most importan,t and lose just 1 sunbelt games next season, He should be fired.

Everyone I've seen on this board who don't think Dickey should be gone yet, are all saying, "Next season is when we make the decision."

You're not going out on a limb or giving a hot sports opinion by saying that.

Ok, well here's my Hot Sports Opinion biggrin.gif :

This team would be better off with Dickey gone and Flanigan at Head Coach.

ph34r.gif

mad.gif

As a shareholder in the program, I vote NO confidence in DD and the direction of football at UNT.  Glaze over the past ineptitudes in OOC with SuckBelt wins if you like, but the fact of 7-38 in OOC and 39-54 overall are facts.  The product is not 1-A quality.

I totally agree!

DD coaching ability is beyond crappy.

Wake up folks this is much much much worst than a down year this is one of our worst seasons in school history. It is very clear DD lacks the ability to turn this team around in one year.

Meaning Next year under DD will be a total loss also. COUNT ON IT!!!

Replace him now!!!!!!!!!!!! Can his A$$!!!

Dickey will right the ship next season. He is that good.

Dickey is a good head coach and has earned the right to fix this thing.

I know most of you on this board, and you have always been there for this team. Dont quit on the head coach becuase of one bad year.

Dickey will "right the ship" because he is that good? Please quantify "that good."

I will be there for the team always, but DD's overall record and only three winning seasons in eight doesn't equate to one bad year.

Beating a dead horse here.

DD should stay. Great coach.

He has proven it. 4 SBC titles. Ok now for the "what about our OOC" crowd. I can take it....maybe.

4 SBC titles don't mean crap. 3 SBC titles means getting humiliated 65-0 by Texas, no conference titles in that same span by Fresno State equals scoring 42 points on the defending national champions and almost shocking the nation. Now I'm not trying to take away from the players, they fought hard and winning any conference is something to be proud of, but it really has proven that it doesn't do a thing for a program in the long run.

4 SBC titles don't mean crap. 3 SBC titles means getting humiliated 65-0 by Texas, no conference titles in that same span by Fresno State equals scoring 42 points on the defending national champions and almost shocking the nation. Now I'm not trying to take away from the players, they fought hard and winning any conference is something to be proud of, but it really has proven that it doesn't do a thing for a program in the long run.

Fresno state is also going bowling. They beat conference teams this year. Are you implying that you would rather be Fresno State for the past 4 years? No doubt I wouldn't mind being them this year, but being a contender every single year is only something the best of the best can be. Ex: USC, TEXAS, OU, FSU, MIAMI,

4 SBC titles meant we got a new scoreboard, new turf, new athletic center, and new hope for success in football. Thank you Dickey. It is a very good start. But if you think that over night WE should be able to hang with the high-powered longhorns after never being able to accomplish an upset outside of a couple games, even pre-Dickey era, you are going to be left disappointed.

Fresno state is also going bowling.  They beat conference teams this year.  Are you implying that you would rather be Fresno State for the past 4 years?  No doubt I wouldn't mind being them this year, but being a contender every single year is only something the best of the best can be.  Ex: USC, TEXAS, OU, FSU, MIAMI,

4 SBC titles meant we got a new scoreboard, new turf, new athletic center, and new hope for success in football.  Thank you Dickey.  It is a very good start.  But if you think that over night WE should be able to hang with the high-powered longhorns after never being able to accomplish an upset outside of a couple games, even pre-Dickey era, you are going to be left disappointed.

Are you kidding? Fresno is considered a top mid major almost every year...they take out at least one BCS team a year? You respect them so much this year and they only went 1-3 in nonconference play - but they were competitive in the games. In the past four years, they've beaten Washington (BY 19), K-State (BY 24), Virginia, Oregon St., UCLA, and Georgia Tech. This does not include all of the close losses they have gained respect and attention for (for example the USC game.)

I know the Longhorns are "high powered," but what does that make USC? Fresno hung with them just fine. Yes they lost some conference games, but to an 8-3 team, not a gaggle of 4, 5, and 6 win crap teams. Fresno now sells national merchandise, gets tv coverage, is discussed in all media markets, and has an ever growing fan base, donation base, etc.

You can be all about the SB Titles and that's fine, but anyone who wouldn't trade with FSU is just living in a green fantasy world.

The fact that you (and me) would love the switch places with a team that 1-3 in OOC play kind of sums up where we are at.

Are you kidding? Fresno is considered a top mid major almost every year...they take out at least one BCS team a year? You respect them so much this year and they only went 1-3 in nonconference play - but they were competitive in the games. In the past four years, they've beaten Washington (BY 19), K-State (BY 24), Virginia, Oregon St., UCLA, and Georgia Tech. This does not include all of the close losses they have gained respect and attention for (for example the USC game.)

I know the Longhorns are "high powered," but what does that make USC? Fresno hung with them just fine. Yes they lost some conference games, but to an 8-3 team, not a gaggle of 4, 5, and 6 win crap teams. Fresno now sells national merchandise, gets tv coverage, is discussed in all media markets, and has an ever growing fan base, donation base, etc.

You can be all about the SB Titles and that's fine, but anyone who wouldn't trade with FSU is just living in a green fantasy world.

The fact that you (and me) would love the switch places with a team that 1-3 in OOC play kind of sums up where we are at.

What I'm trying to point out though, is that for them to expect to be able to hang with those guys is fine for them. They've done it before. I know USC is high-powered too. To expect Dickey to take us from D1-AA to being instantly competitive with the best teams in D1 is rediculous. Until this year, he has had us on a track of building to that point. We took a step backwards this year. From all the interviews and his thoughts on the matter, it seems he understands this pretty well. Fresno also has other things I wish we had. We had been getting more national exposure, remember the beginning of this season? Fan base was growing, and im sure a donation base as well. It's like the stock market plan long term, after rising we had a step back, now hopefully we can right the ship in the coming year.

Fresno State has built its following by having a head coach, Pat Hill, that has traveled the Central Valley of California speaking to any group he can. He challenges any team in the country to play him. Here it is, California State U, Fresno, out in the boondocks, snapping up good players right under the noses of USC, UCLA, Cal, and Stanford. They even wear a green "V" on the back of their football helmets to emphasize that they are the Valley's team.

With a 42,000 seat stadium, outstanding basketball venue, and classy softball and baseball facilities, they provide an attractive image. They got a chain of grocery stores to finance their state-of-the-art basketball arena. In short, they aren't afraid to ask!!!!

I saw our softball ladies play down there a year ago and was impressed with the entire layout.

Isn't there a company in the Metroplex who would like their corporate image right on the freeway in front of our new football stadium?