I have lost respect

bigdaddy

I have lost the respect I had for this board. The post and actions by many of the board posters has led me to the conclusion that there is just not much football knowledge on this board. You want to fire a coach after one horrible year that has done things in the past four years that we use to dream of doing. Oh, I forgot, we have an embarrising OOC record. When you play money games that is what happens. For our OOC games, I would say our record could be a little better, but based who we have played it would be impossible to get the wins as high as most on this board think it should be.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lost the respect I had for this board.  The post and actions by many of the board posters has led me to the conclusion that there is just not much football knowledge on this board.  You want to fire a coach after one horrible year that has done things in the past four years that we use to dream of doing.  Oh, I forgot, we have an embarrising OOC record.  When you play money games that is what happens. For our OOC games, I would say our record could be a little better, but based who we have played it would be impossible to get the wins as high as most on this board think it should be.

Umm not sure the body bag theory holds water

This year: Only LSU

Tulsa, La. Tech, Kansas State not great teams and we were not close

Prior years usually only one a season: UT, LSU, OU

Other losses: Colorado, Baylor, Air Force, USF, Troy (before SunBelt), FAU, AZ, USM, Memphis and more.

We play one body bag game a year and the others are good teams but not teams we should be losing 9/10 games to. We should have been able to win more than just a Baylor and a couple of 1-AA wins.

here here bigdaddy... i second that motion

Why did you respect the board in the first place? It's a message board - not espn.com.

Do you expect the New Yorker, or the charged up, slightly idiotic at times ranting you find at every school's message board in America?

I feel bad you set the bar so high, but the disappointment seems to be anyone's fault who is looking for solid substance in a place like this.

besides, your argument doesn't hold water...if you had football knowledge, you would look beyond the surface and realize the true reasons for our success the last few years, which i won't go into again here because it has been expressed over and over. just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean that they don't have "knowlege"

A message board is going to have people from all different occupations giving their insight. Pretty much near ZERO are going to be knowing what they are talking about, but they will still give their opinions. That is the beauty of sports.

I am sure everybody here that writes something is pretty sure that sports gold is dribbling from their fingers at the keyboard. We read them, agree or disagree, and comment with something we find equally as witty. That is the beauty of message boards.

Edited by Zeke

I have lost the respect I had for this board.  The post and actions by many of the board posters has led me to the conclusion that there is just not much football knowledge on this board.  You want to fire a coach after one horrible year that has done things in the past four years that we use to dream of doing.  Oh, I forgot, we have an embarrising OOC record.  When you play money games that is what happens. For our OOC games, I would say our record could be a little better, but based who we have played it would be impossible to get the wins as high as most on this board think it should be.

You need to review the past 7 year's schedules again, least you think we were Top 10 in any of those. Don't let the fluff hide the reality. tongue.gif

besides, your argument doesn't hold water...if you had football knowledge, you would look beyond the surface and realize the true reasons for our success the last few years, which i won't go into again here because it has been expressed over and over.  just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean that they don't have "knowlege"

Could you be implying?

Success = Sun Belt

Then

No Sun Belt and our coaching staff would be exposed for what they are?

LSU- Body bag game

K-State- at K-state body bag game

Tulsa- Having a hell of a year. barely lost  to Utep by 3 at utep

La. Tech only behind Boise and Freson

LSU, Tulsa and La. Tech are going bowling

Have to disagree on K. State. They are not a good team and should not be considered a body bag game. Also Tulsa and La. Tech were winnable, do not care if they are bowling or not, we laid 4 eggs in the OOC schedule this year.

Sad also that UTEP is a measuring stick, look where they were 2 years ago and where we were, a complete reversal. Why???

Edited by untbowler

Amen.

Regardless what alot of us type on here. The truth is the people that post the most on here are also the ones who are at every home game and away game they can make.

Without them. There is no program to bitch about

Who accepts mediocrity and makes excuses when they are losing anyway.

I think alot of this is DD's attitude coupled with results

I know I would give him another chance if he would try to win games instead of trying not to lose them.

or if at the end of the year he said.

"This year is on me. I didn't coach up to my ability and we are going to pratice our asses off and come back bigger better and stronger. This season is unacceptable to me and my players."

LSU- Body bag game

K-State- at K-state body bag game

Tulsa- Having a hell of a year. barely lost  to Utep by 3 at utep

La. Tech only behind Boise and Freson

LSU, Tulsa and La. Tech are going bowling

H-towngreen, there have been few times that all on this board have been in complete agreement or harmony on most any subject, and I respectfully have to say you and I are on different pages with all this DD business; but I still enjoy reading yours and others feedbacks on most any subject whether I agree with them or not. After all, we are all still part of the same family divided as it seems, but we all want the end result to be our alma mater going to loftier heights than any of us from any era at UNT have ever seen with our football program.

You mentioned Tulsa an La Tech? I haven't looked at CFN's bowl line-ups lately, but just what bowls are going to be available that La Tech and Tulsa are seriously being considerred? Have either been listed on any bowls short lists? Just curious.

So you're from Sugar Land, Texas? I lost count how many times we grade schoolers of Danbury Elementary (near Alvin) visited the Imperial Sugar Company down there to see those huge mountains of raw sugar. Fort Bend County (as you would know) also has some of the nicest looking horse ranches in the entire USA. I think Bum Phillips still has his there, doesn't he?

GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen