Are we giving Tulsa too much credit?

emmitt01

I know Tulsa was giving OU all they could handle midway through the 3rd quarter, and I know we're no OU, but should we really be overly impressed? OU this year is not OU of the last 5 or so years. They lost to a TCU team that walked out of Ford Stadium on the losing end of a 21-10 game against SMU. The same SMU team that will be shown for what they are against the Aggies this weekend. The same SMU team that lost to Baylor.

I'm not saying we shouldn't respect them but let's not pencil them in as a powerhouse just yet.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I don't think anyone's saying Tulsa is a powerhouse. If anyone is, a tortilla is headed their way.

I for one think they're kind of crappy. I would like to say 'I hope they come out and give a great effort and NT beats them in a classic and hard-fought contest', but deep down I actually hope they come out and lay a big ol' turd on the field and get the crap knocked out of them by the MEAN GREEN.

You can't discount rivalries in college football. SMU defeated TCU for the very reason that they are a local area rivalry. If that game was played at Amon Carter, TCU would be 2-0 IMO.

Tulsa is a good team and had a very solid showing against two very highly talented teams.

Edited by Got5onIt

Guest JohnDenver

...and we blow at OOC games. Regardless of conference, rank, team or (cough) division. huh.gif

I wasn't too impressed with our game with FAU or Nichols State... Or when we lost to Troy.

Edited by JohnDenver

Tulsa may or may not be a good team. Time will tell. Based on some of the opinions on this broad though I wonder what non-belt 1a team is not considered good. You would think La Tech and Tulsa are top 25 teams. With the exception of LSU, you could not get a much easier 1a oc schedule than NT has this year. Fact is that if NT can't beat the likes of La Tech and Tulsa, they are not very good.

From what I've been able to read, and talking to some Tulsa Alums....They have GREAT fans. Very football savy and don't have their head in the clouds. They know they are in for a tough game, but it could go either way.

I think that we will be impressed with their fans attitude and hope that they bring a lot down to enjoy what will be a great tailgating day.

From what I've been able to read, and talking to some Tulsa Alums....They have GREAT fans. Very football savy and don't have their head in the clouds. They know they are in for a tough game, but it could go either way.

I think that we will be impressed with their fans attitude and hope that they bring a lot down to enjoy what will be a great tailgating day.

We all thought we were gonna whip FAU last season and we came in and played awful. This game is non-conference and we don't win to many of those. Tulsa has a great passing game and a quarterback that doesn't make mistakes. Their TE is a world beater and I think our defense is gonna have a tough time. Hopefully a big crowd will pump the team up for a big win.

We all thought we were gonna whip FAU last season and we came in and played awful. This game is non-conference and we don't win to many of those. Tulsa has a great passing game and a quarterback that doesn't make mistakes. Their TE is a world beater and I think our defense is gonna have a tough time. Hopefully a big crowd will pump the team up for a big win.

We have a young team and a young QB. We need the crowd to pump the team up. Tulsa has some good talent and overall played pretty good against quality opponents. OU, even in its worst year, is better than most, if not all, CUSA, WAC and Sun Belt teams. We take Tulsa lightly at our own risk.