The Greatest Play In NT History

Eagle-96

No offense Harry but your topic on damaging plays brought me down. Time for some good memories.

In no particular order:

- Mills to Harrison for the TD with 64 seconds left to beat Tech in 1997.

- Mills fade pass for the winning TD in the come-from-behind victory over Oregon State in 1995

- Don McGee intercepts Paul Dombrowski in the end zone in the 4th quarter with NT up 31-27 to preserve the lead in the "SunBelt Championship Game" in 2002.

Edited by Eagle-96

My personal favorite:

JaMel running down the sideline after an Andrew Smith throw late in the 2002 game at ASU... And hearing the roaring crowd get quieter and quieter as he outran people and finally got pushed out deep in thier territory.

Actual "Greatest Play":

Each of the 427 hand offs Kevin Galbreth took on that last drive in the NT/Cin NO Bowl to chew up the clock in the 4th. You could see thier players and all 12 of thier fans getting more and more agitated as he kept getting 4 or 5 yards a run.

Not really a game turning play..........but I will always remember Booger rumbling into the endzone at the Baylor game a few years ago. I had built BK up to many friends that I had brought to the game - and I needed him to deliver. He certainly did on that play.

Guest JohnDenver

At MTSU a few years back.

Andrew Smith hands off to Cobbs.

Cobbs tosses back to Smith.

Smith lauches down the middle of the field.

Howard lays out for a magical reception.

TD.

Great play.

Didn't we beat Tennessee @ Neyland Stadium in 1975 either on a kick off return or punt return?  If so, that would be my pick.

Excellent choice, as I remember NT led most of the game but Tennessee took the lead late in the game. Then Sears Woods took the kick off after their TD and returned it for a touchdown and NT regained and kept the lead.

Scott Davis to Marcus Camper, catching the ball over behind the head of a UT cornerback for a 40 yard strike and a first down that lead to NT taking the lead in the '88 game.

Scott Hall's final second TD in the Miracle in the Desert game in '01

TJ Convington's 109 yard fumble recovery/return for a TD against Utah State '04.

Rick

Scott Davis to Marcus Camper, catching the ball over behind the head of a UT cornerback for a 40 yard strike and a first down that lead to NT taking the lead in the '88 game.

Ah... not if it was Campers leaping catch when we were deeeep in our own territory... I think we tried a field goal on that drive which was blocked.