PC and JT

H-towngreen

I totally agree, we need to have both of them in the game at the same time. When we have just one in the game the defense can key on him. We need to have PC and JT in the game and run some misdirection plays. Great game but we could really utilize these two great athletes better i think. Keep the defense on their heels and guessing who the ball is going to.

Go Mean Green!

Edited by Mean Green Fan

Guest JohnDenver

Yes, it was done for one play.

Here is the problem. It is a complicated NEW play. Not the good ole, run left, run right or run middle variety. Meager and Thomas showed that they didn't understand the new plays completely. Thomas lined up on the wrong side of Meager on a running play and it resulted in a busted play. Cobbs had to explain the formation when JT, PC and Stickler were in the play all at the same time. Meager ended up calling a timeout and went to the sideline for more help.

I think they will work these formations into the rotation slowly. I like it that way better anyhow... let's not put the cart before the horse.

It would be nice to see them in the same backfield for more than 2 plays a game. However, Flanigan uses his fullbacks strictly as blockers. I just don't see JT or PC being used as a lead blocker. Pass blocking may be a different story, but then how many teams would be tipped off if JT & PC are in teh backfield and all we ever do is playaction?

Here is the problem. It is a complicated NEW play. Not the good ole, run left, run right or run middle variety. Meager and Thomas showed that they didn't understand the new plays completely. Thomas lined up on the wrong side of Meager on a running play and it resulted in a busted play. Cobbs had to explain the formation when JT, PC and Stickler were in the play all at the same time. Meager ended up calling a timeout and went to the sideline for more help.

I think they will work these formations into the rotation slowly. I like it that way better anyhow... let's not put the cart before the horse.

It's a freaking football play dude. We have known that we would have 2 special backs in the same backfield since week 3 of LAST year. So does Meager get to check off to his second receiver in his junior or senior year? We actually expect the players to go to class AND learn new plays? And most importantly, what if a player puts on his pants 2 legs at a time?

Please, please, please don't tell me how hard it is to learn a freaking football play. Execution, now that is a different story.

It's a freaking football play dude. We have known that we would have 2 special backs in the same backfield since week 3 of LAST year. So does Meager get to check off to his second receiver in his junior or senior year?  We actually expect the players to go to class AND learn new plays? And most importantly, what if a player puts on his pants 2 legs at a time?

Please, please, please don't tell me how hard it is to learn a freaking football play. Execution, now that is a different story.

True, but I think what's more important is that Dickey is not showing all of his eggs at the beginning of the season.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw DD at 31 Flavors last night, and she said they will work those plays in slowly.

You just don't get inside sourses this reliable very often.

Guest JohnDenver

I would argue that "Execution" is "learning" when it comes to a play in football.

Why run it if the whole team can't execute it?

BTW: I am not speaking out of my realm of knowledge on this one. I was near the team for the whole game. I wanted to hear what was being yelled, the reactions of Van Malone and Dickey's handling of the young QB.

Here I am ... football as a head. Courtesy of Fanof49. It isn't like I wasn't at the game and only watched it on television.

Edited by JohnDenver

I would argue that "Execution" is "learning" when it comes to a play in football.

BTW: I am not speaking out of my realm of knowledge on this one. I was near the team for the whole game. I wanted to hear what was being yelled, the reactions of Van Malone and Dickey's handling of the young QB.

Here I am ... football as a head. Courtesy of Fanof49. It isn't like I wasn't at the game and only watched it on television.

Yeah, what you said, kinda, but not exactly. I really, really was not trying to attack you, just the silliness of an arguement you made that I have heard here before. It didn't buy it then, and I don't buy it now. You've bought it. Good for you. Here is what I know 1) I like that you add to the board. 2) I like to read your posts. 3) I love the fact you traveled to the game and were up close and personal. 4) You are a nice guy. 5) I met you while standing in line for the port o potty at Fouts. 6)You do look like John Denver.

Well I would argue that arguement is better left to our "recruit a stoner" crowd.

And for that matter, why make your bed if you are just going to mess it up again tonight.

I beleive you. I beleive you and that scares the living s%$# outta me.

Not a bad look for you at all!