Former Drake Guard Atin Wright commits to North Texas

2 hours ago, glick1980 said:

I think we now are better at the 1 & 2 than last year.  Need to get some PF’s.

Simple. Bring back Scott…. To my knowledge he hasn’t committed anywhere. Would be better off staying here. Increase his odds of play time and winning. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 3

44 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Simple. Bring back Scott…. To my knowledge he hasn’t committed anywhere. Would be better off staying here. Increase his odds of play time and winning. 

St. John’s

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen said:

St. John’s

There is no way he opts to go there 🤣

Of all the players at least Scott and Jones stuck it out without leaving and I truly don’t mind one transfer. No way he choses a worse circumstance. Noland and Edwards already did that. Horrible choices. Jones at least stepped up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

16 minutes ago, Andrew said:

There is no way he opts to go there 🤣

Of all the players at least Scott and Jones stuck it out without leaving and I truly don’t mind one transfer. No way he choses a worse circumstance. Noland and Edwards already did that. Horrible choices. Jones at least stepped up. 

At this point I don’t know if you’re doing a bit or you’re just this clueless.   Either way, it’s grating.  

https://redstormsports.com/news/2024/4/24/mens-basketball-st-johns-adds-north-texas-standout-aaron-scott

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

Brett Vito (D-RC) points out that Drake's coach took the job at West Va. And that Wright could have followed him there. And apparently Arkansas and Florida reached out to him....but he chose us. (all info from BV) 

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, SUMG said:

Brett Vito (D-RC) points out that Drake's coach took the job at West Va. And that Wright could have followed him there. And apparently Arkansas and Florida reached out to him....but he chose us. (all info from BV) 

This has to be the reason he is leaving. Not that I don't love our school, but Drake was 28-7 last season and went to the NCAA. It is very exciting he chose us over 2 SEC teams though!

In Hodge we trust!! I can't wait to see this guy play, I think he will pick up where JE left off. Maybe he will be better in the culture too!

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I need help here. Is this the most accomplished/experienced transfer class we've had in the McCasland/Hodge era(s)? Not asking about how those classes panned out, just the class itself at commitment/signing. I feel we needed to be sold a lot more during other recent recruiting cycles. This is all looking really good.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Greendylan said:

This is huge.  I hate to see our star players leave, but it looks like we're reloading nicely.

It's easier for us to say it's fun since we're not the ones who have to recruit an entire new team every year, but it's honestly exciting to see how the new team is built. The max exodi of beloved players sucks, but in this new age losing guys like TP, Drez, Rubin and Aaron doesn't have to mean a several-year rebuild. Now we can "retool" and even get better.

I think this year was more of a gut punch because it felt to me and many others that Rubin and Aaron were Mean Green for life. They've been the constant leaders throughout the past turnover. But even healthy we weren't the most talented team in the conference. And I trust Hodge. The past seven years Grant and Hodge have run a clean program and as much as I love the guys who have played for us, I trust Hodge and Forte will continue recruiting players who will be good representatives of the university, even if only for a year.

I also agree we need two more PF's - at least one who can space the floor shooting 3's. Assuming we have at least three scholarships left, so assume we'll see another guard. I'd like to see us bring on one guy who's averaged 18PPG or more. Doesn't matter which position though it'd be a nice changeup for it to be a high scoring big man.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

I think this year was more of a gut punch because it felt to me and many others that Rubin and Aaron were Mean Green for life.

Yes, foolish us fans for thinking players are here in the program and loyal to the school.

pointing-traitor.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1