2024 March Madness Thread

I know once tomorrow starts, we'll he hard pressed to follow NIT games unless we're playing in them, but some good 2nd round matchups are in store.  Bolded would be our opponent if we can get get through the Pirates.

Boston College vs UNLV

Wake Forest vs Georgia

Virginia Tech vs Ohio State

Indiana State vs Minnesota

Bradley vs Cincinnati

VCU vs South Florida

Iowa vs Utah

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Z said:

Mountain West is so overrated 

Conspiracy is brewing...

Did cigar and cognac parties with executives pull strings to make sure that last years final 4 didn't happen again? Which, I believe, was the lowest rated final4 ever per Nielsen. I mean, this is a billion dollar tournament. Are we going to act like that type of stuff doesn't happen?

Free throw attempts for the 3 MWC teams that have played = 18 total (6 each for the 3 teams). While their opponents had 48. 

*It's also worth adding that most of the MWC teams were seeded poorly. And that's widely agreed upon. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Upvote 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Sanford is getting screwed. 

They deserved better than what happened to them. 
They definitely would've rebounded the ball there and had the last shot of the game, just needing 2 to win.   Instead, they're down 3pts after 2 made undeserved FTs.   I don't understand why it wasn't reviewed.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

They deserved better than what happened to them. 
They definitely would've rebounded the ball there and had the last shot of the game, just needing 2 to win.   Instead, they're down 3pts after 2 made undeserved FTs.   I don't understand why it wasn't reviewed.

The NBA on tnt crew were talking about this after the game and his they can't let fouls be reviewed. However, Kenny Smith threw out the idea of giving coaches 1 challenge at the 2 minute mark of the 2nd half where anything can be challenged and reviewed. I like that idea a lot. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Listening to the SDSU beatwriter talk about their game vs UAB, he opened up his remarks with, "SDSU played UAB, a team from a much weaker conference than the MWC, the AAC." 

Someone tell him...

news convincing GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2