UAB (1/31/24)

CMJ

18 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

A) If you thought it was leaving Edwards hand as anything but a shot that's on you (because that was play called by CRH)

B) If you thought it was leaving Edwards hand as anything but a shot that's on you (because he doesn't pass i.e. selfish)

C) If you thought it was leaving Edwards hand as anything but a shot that's on you (because he was the best option)

D) None of the above

E) All of the above

E, definitely...though I don't like the wording on B...I don't think a volume shooter is necessarily "selfish"

clearly it was drawn up to get JE running downhill...one screener around the arc, one pass option short corner, one pass option opposite but with the likely thought/intent that Edwards was going to take the responsibility of the shot

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2024 at 10:38 AM, Shark84 said:

Hodge said Allen also had surgery on his teeth, two were knocked loose. Trainer said it was the worst cut lip he had ever seen and that Allen was the toughest kid he had been around.

dude barely flinched when it happened. tuff with two f's. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Still can't believe the ref didn't call that 

just from memory, I kinda don't blame the ref...maybe if I saw it again, but I recall it being super innocuous and thought that if we was bleeding it was bc he accidentally bit his lip.

thought it was at worst a 2 on the Official Kermit Washington On-Court Punch Scale 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Big Z said:

And the kids working the concession stands is a bad idea. I got charged $60 bucks for three sodas, popcorn and a burger ? 

To my knowledge, I thought its a fund raiser for an organization they're in. Like they work the concession stand, and they get a donation of 10% of the profits of the concession sales that night or something like that.

4 minutes ago, j5f8k said:

To my knowledge, I thought its a fund raiser for an organization they're in. Like they work the concession stand, and they get a donation of 10% of the profits of the concession sales that night or something like that.

The kids and parents were awesome and nice. It was just too many people behind a concession stand all over the place and kids asking questions about how to use the register. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Big Z said:

The kids and parents were awesome and nice. It was just too many people behind a concession stand all over the place and kids asking questions about how to use the register. 

Oh man, my bad. I thought you were trying to highlight the price being too much.  Complete misread on my part.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

Another weekday and more time for people to make it to Denton - I would have thought we'd had seen more than half the attendance of SMU's game.

8pm starts are simply not ideal.   I have five season tickets but only used 1 because my three kids are in school.   I know I am not alone in this.  

2 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

8pm starts are simply not ideal.   I have five season tickets but only used 1 because my three kids are in school.   I know I am not alone in this.  

But you got to be on the ESPN to the U! 

13 hours ago, Big Z said:

This is what happens at High school football games too. I have mixed feelings on it. I like the support, but it does make us feel a little bit on the little league side.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

This is what happens at High school football games too. I have mixed feelings on it. I like the support, but it does make us feel a little bit on the little league side.

haha I guess I'm alone in that, I think it's endearing.  A sense of small town (not Old Denton), community involvement.

Keep (New) Denton weird.

• Upvote 1