Tulane Fan Board on UNT game

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I don’t wants students using ludicrous brain washing apps….. I definitely don’t want adults who are in charge pandering in these ways and propagating the problem….. We should strive to be better. No pander to the lowest common denominator of life….

I bet those TikTok users can't even put together complete, grammatically correct sentences.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 2

On 1/12/2024 at 11:23 AM, Andrew said:

Where are the little dribblers and the jump ropers?

Respectfully hope that's a joke! While I love if you can get the loud little kids to the Pit, if they buy the halftime performance, at least make sure they're playing a game like the grannies did. We also used to have a little kid dunk contest. That's much better than watching ballhandling drills.

• Downvote 1

On 1/12/2024 at 11:35 AM, Andrew said:

I don’t wants students using ludicrous brain washing apps….. I definitely don’t want adults who are in charge pandering in these ways and propagating the problem….. We should strive to be better. No pander to the lowest common denominator of life….

You'd consider yourself more of the Gen X'er who waits for the TikToks to be exported to Instagram Reels, or are you more of a Boomer who patiently awaits them to get all the way to Facebook Videos?   Because all those TikToks you watch or don't watch on the TikTok app, don't stay just on TikTok for very long (I say this not having TikTok on my phone at all).

On 1/10/2024 at 9:40 PM, Matt from A700 said:

Against Tulane, we had... kids run to halfcourt to put on their shoes, and run back to Scrappy?

My favorite part is that the new student doing the MC duties hasn't quite figured out how to speak/annunciate well during the game so that they can actually be understood.  I had no idea why there were a bunch of shoes and kids running out to get them. 

The current MC needs to be connected to some of the more recent MCs that were audible and understandable when doing their bits.  The speaker system is what it is at the Pit; there are ways to speak in the mic where the crowd can hear you.  Mallory and Ashley Pickle come to mind from a few seasons ago; they were two who were good at their MC duties.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

My favorite part is that the new student doing the MC duties hasn't quite figured out how to speak/annunciate well during the game so that they can actually be understood.  I had no idea why there were a bunch of shoes and kids running out to get them. 

The current MC needs to be connected to some of the more recent MCs that were audible and understandable when doing their bits.  The speaker system is what it is at the Pit; there are ways to speak in the mic where the crowd can hear you.  Mallory and Ashley Pickle come to mind from a few seasons ago; they were two who were good at their MC duties.

Before I made it to your second paragraph I was going to say how Ashley and Mallory were the last two good emcees we had. They didn't (appear to) use college as a training ground, they already knew what they were doing coming in. Everyone since has had to read off of their note cards. There's a reason Ashley and Mallory are both with Dave Campbell's Texas Football. Kyle Youmans is another true pro from that era. He's going to be special.

Unneccessary grump from a 27-year-old old man now that I thought of reading off the note cards: I hate that wedding speeches now by my generation's best men and maids of honor are generally not taken seriously and mostly read off of their phones.

• Upvote 2

On 1/8/2024 at 12:32 AM, emmitt01 said:

If this program’s records the past 5 seasons weren’t…

31-7, 25-7, 18-10, 20-11, 21-12 with conference titles, an NIT title, and an NCAA tournament win sprinkled in…then I would be on YOUR side

There is ZERO excuse for attendance less than 5k a game

31-7 season had a cupcake 11-0 run…you really put an 18-10 season on there?! Cmon. We play in a major media market only marque wins is what is going to get peoples attention. The NIT tournament win IS when people started to pay attention. This is a fan board everyone on here thinks we should be selling out games because we have 5 winning seasons, sell outs don’t happen that way because on the backside of 5 winning seasons we sucked for 10 years.you guys blame the students and blame the city of Denton because you want to be relevant in your lifetime but guess what it takes a final four appearance to create that kind of buzz so spare me. 

• Downvote 5

On 1/8/2024 at 12:31 AM, NT80 said:

Yes, it will take some signature wins.  The NIT was one.  Beating Wisconsin and OSU were a couple.  This year Memphis and FAU are targets for our recognition-building.  LSU and St. Johns were missed opportunities.  That's another reason we need name brand OOC games at home instead of multiple cupcakes we played.

Thank you. These kids are friends with people that go to TCU, Texas Tech, UT etc….they want bragging rights, when you lose to name brand schools why would you keep coming to games. It’s not that hard to understand people. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

31-7 season had a cupcake 11-0 run…you really put an 18-10 season on there?! Cmon. We play in a major media market only marque wins is what is going to get peoples attention. The NIT tournament win IS when people started to pay attention. This is a fan board everyone on here thinks we should be selling out games because we have 5 winning seasons, sell outs don’t happen that way because on the backside of 5 winning seasons we sucked for 10 years.you guys blame the students and blame the city of Denton because you want to be relevant in your lifetime but guess what it takes a final four appearance to create that kind of buzz so spare me. 

The 18-10 season is when we beat Purdue in the NCAA tournament - arguably the most marquee win in program history.

What was the 11-0 cupcake run we had in the 31-7 run?  Most of our 15 game win streak was against conference teams.  It's not like we were playing Shreveport.

We SHOULD be selling way more tickets than we are, it's just a fact.  Even my wife, who isn't a NT alum and has never been to a game in Denton considering we live in California couldn't believe how few people were in the stands on TV today.  For that matter when we went to the NIT Final last season, she was astonished how few of us were there too.

Edited by CMJ
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I think this comes down to what we are actually working with in DFW, versus what should be working with.

• Upvote 1