helmets

aprice

17 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Why was the flag of Kenya on the back?  Some political thing I missed?   Seems a bit disgraceful replacing the USA flag. 
image.png.da2e6ff11e8eb13699b66a0ade6842f4.png
source:  📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/p/SAua97YJtb8unvdM/?mibextid=WC7FNe

It was discussed on one of the interviews/podcasts.  The flag varies by player/family backgrounds.  I believe we’ve done this all season.  I think our Australian punter has an Australian flag on his. And IIRC, last years punter had the Mexico flag. 

Edited by Glory to the Green
  • Upvote 3

We can't even celebrate the heritage of players with a tiny barey visible sticker on the back of a helmet without people getting offended?  Not even sure why this nonsense crept it's way into a discussion about the design of the helmet, this is an extremely common gesture in many sports, let it go.

Edited by aprice
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 4

9 hours ago, greenminer said:

The flag represents the home country of the individual player.

Are you sure about that?   I thought it represented where the team/school was  from.  I don’t have an issue with displaying where the player is from, but I don’t think it should be in place of the American flag.  They could but it under the American flag, like they have allowed in the NFL. 

image.jpeg.63db3d4482b89256a66eace236699ff3.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4

5 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Are you sure about that?

In the FB link you posted as a source.  I was relaying what was said in that thread.

"...but I remember they talked about this last season. They put a player's country of origin on their helmet. Pretty cool idea."

I'm alright with it.  Even better: put our flag and their flag there, together, like you said is happening in the NFL.

• Upvote 1

Many QB have stated that the Chrome helmet during the day games provides a glare and they do not like the helmets.  I think Fine said it was like having 10 flashes going off in his field of view, and it was distracting.  That is why the chrome helmets we limited to night games.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Please dump the black helmets, chrome helmets(chrome helmets have run it's course).  Our only helmets should be all white or all green.  And the Son of Worm can be added. 

The team looked incredible in their iconic Green and White. The only change I would like is getting rid of the 'spotty' numbers. Cute idea, but detrimental to the cleanliness of the look from more than a couple of feet away.

And black helmets? Never again unless it is a "blackout" game. No excuses accepted.

image.png.c98aabbe2656ec06d9deaeddab16a84e.png

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1