Glasses for Eclipse tomorrow

meangreenbob

19 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Lol.  This eclipse is actually located more in southwest Texas, out by Midland and San Angelo.  On April 8 next year we will have a total solar eclipse directly over us...

Texas+map+1.jpg

Reported on the radio out here that the hotels are filling up with people coming from DFW to view the eclipse.

• Upvote 2

The 11 a.m. CDT match between North Texas and the Temple Owls near Dallas will be the game that is the closest to the path of annularity.

https://www.foxweather.com/earth-space/fans-players-sun-impacts-football-games

Edit: As dmaxel pointed out, I posted the ones for 2024 eclipse, so I deleted them.          
Edited by meaniegreenie

The fact that the glasses will have the ISO label is also a good sign. This means that they meet the international standards for safety and quality.

I'm glad to hear that Channel 4 news did a story on this. It's important to raise awareness about the importance of eye safety, especially when attending sporting events.

I hope that everyone who attends the game tomorrow enjoys themselves and stays safe!

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

This is great news! I was looking for some yesterday because I assumed the athletic department would miss the ball on this.  This year's "game activities" have been improved, with the concerts, drone show and to an extent, the glasses.   Golf clap for the whomever is in charge of this.

Now, if we could get them to stop douchebaging up the North Texas chant I'll be almost content. 🙂

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

https://www.foxweather.com/earth-space/fans-players-sun-impacts-football-games

From another source (CDT times):

Totality Begins
   Maximum 
Totality Ends        
Partial Ends
Dallas, Texas
12:23 p.m.  
1:40 p.m.
 1:42 p.m.      
1:44 p.m.   
3:02 p.m.

These are the times for 2024, not tomorrow.

I posted this in the game thread, but thought I'd put it here too.  Maybe @DeepGreen changed his mind about his helmet choice.

Note: I'm not aware of any kind of medical condition that would be a exacerbated by short term solar eclipse exposure but if there is such and this guy is donning this for safety, then I fully apologize. Otherwise...

eclipseman.jpg

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2