Early Tailgate this Saturday and Eclipse - What are you bringing?

KingDL1

Our Tailgate begins at 8:30 a.m.
Exact location, as always. Blue lot northwest corner closest to the Stadium.

We will be wrapping up Tailgate by 10:30 a.m.

Bring your favorite Drink.

Victor, Amanda, and Lauren plan to have Early Win Breakfast Casserole, Amanda’s Famous Mean Green Jell-O Shots, and their holy cow; this is too early Bloody Marys and Mimosas.

John has cookies and a yet-to-be-determined Eclipse food.

I will have Spicy Balls. Maybe they would be good eclipse food? 

https://meangreensports.com/sports/2018/7/31/gamedayparking

• Upvote 3

my fancy tailgating people will be on their way home from europe....food....barley and hops with a side of some other thing that goes in alcohol.  i cant be relied upon to bring food...or a smart view of football

• Upvote 2

SrSmoke1.thumb.jpg.9fe83a110ed3d6df097447fb24fa805a.jpgBrother, it was windy. But we put up our serving area inside a pop up shade thate we wrapped in a good and large tarp to block the wind. The trees gave shade for the big screen. We had 65 come by, 57 that ate. Board celebrities included @GrayEagle@SilverEagle@SUMG and @FirefightnRick along with a couple of others that I think are on the board. No judging anyone on this board, but only Mr. Fincher partook of the great Senor Smoke's BBQ.

51 of those that came to the tailgate also went to the game. Along with the 10 tickets we own, our tailgate brought along 37 ticket buyers that joined us in Section 110.

Not a huge fan of the 11 am start (it required starting up the smoker at 1 am) but it stretched out the party. Some ate around game time. Some of those then came into the game  and some of those ate again after. Some of us went to the game and ate after. 

The once a year tradition will celebrate year 12 next year. I will always prefer a 3 pm game but honestly there were lots of good things about this BBQ, the earliest of the 11. We had more time to talk before , to eat and then to celebrate. Instead of my traditional pregame diet Mountain Dew, three Miller lites and pre-game Scotch, I had four pre-game Scotch's (three Ardbeg and one Glenmorangie) and two post-game Scotch's (both Ardbeg).

Most importantly, the Mean Green are 9-2 in the games that Senor Smoke provides the BBQ karma. I challenge you to pick any random 11 games (other than the Hayden Fry years) where NT went 9-2. And we don't pick the "sure win" games. We try to pick a mid-season game, preferably in October, not the first FCS game of the year. And we win most of the time.

Should you wish to praise Senor Smoke for his BBQ karma, look for the guy in the picture attached. Picture is from last year's game

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 2