SMuT Boosters willing to buy into ACC

4 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

And that my friends tells you everything you need to know about the character and integrity of that institution. 
They really need to drop the Methodist from their name. 

They have. They're the University of Dallas.

• Upvote 1

Let's hope they go and take their "pay-to-play" with them. At this point, their ability to act like it's anything special is gone. You (SMU) will always be known as the school that bought their way in. You did not earn it, so shut the F up and go away already. 

6 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

If we spent $200M to join a league that shared zero revenue for 5-7 years…knowing full well it will be cannibalized by other leagues before that 5-7 years is up…just so we could say “look at us” while being laughed at by EVERYONE, I would want our AD fired immediately.  

Please stop pretending you are here to do anything more than fanboy SMU under the guise of being a “realistic” North Texas fan.   It’s blatantly transparent and sad. 

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dodgefan said:

Jealousy is not attractive, if we could, we would. 100% truth.

If we could what? Tell a conference that we’ll pay our own way in if they’ll please let us in? And then they still don’t want us? 

We’re supposed to be jealous of that? If you would be anything but extremely embarrassed by that….then you’re just as pathetic as your school. 

I would want everyone fired for making the school look so pathetic. 

WOW

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, dodgefan said:

Jealousy is not attractive, if we could, we would. 100% truth.

I am a little jealous that they have fans willing to throw millions of dollars away to prop up a SMU program that would go nowhere without overpaying their way in.  

Why not add about a half billion more and buy into the SEC?   Just offer to take no conference funds for 5 years, pay each current member a million a year for ten years, and play 2 out of 3 games against conference foes away.   

This could however create a big problem, as it may hinder buying their players with NIL funds.  

Frankly, I wonder how anyone can justify spending this kind of money on sports, when there is so much more important needs that should to be addressed.   

• Upvote 1