Keon Johnson OL

Danish43

I'm not sure that he can run 40 yards at one time but he moves.  Of course, he's been blocking high school boys; don't know if he can do that to college players.  By the way, he's supposedly down to a svelte 385.

If you will query Keon Johnson Akron OH you will find some video of his senior year.

Edited by GrayEagle
Addition
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Danish43 said:

This player is 6'4" 404lbs according to meangreensport. Does anybody know his speed on the 40. Could not find anything on him on 24/7 Sports. Did he have any other offers?

This was from the write up I did a few months ago.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/16090317/Keon-Johnson/

Keon Johnson Archbishop Hoban High School Akron, Ohio OT 6’5 385

He’s massive, I feel for those small DL that were trying to get past him. I’m interested to see how his size translates to FBS football. I imagine they will get him on a nutrition plan to get him in shape for playing at this level. Keon chose North Texas over PWO offer from Bowling Green, scholarship offers from Maine (FCS) and Livingstone College (D2). His high school made it to the state championship. It looks like he went on a visit to Syracuse, but never got an offer. Overall, Keon has a high ceiling. He will need to shed some weight but has the frame to play at this level.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Can't wait for the nutrition staff to put together a unique diet for him to shed his bad weight. Can't wait for the training staff to put together a custom workout for him to develop athletically. Can't wait for the OL coach to put hundreds of hours in to develop him as a football player. He will start as a sophomore, earn 1st team All-AAC honors, look like our first first round pick in 50+ years with his size only to transfer to a P5.

College football in 2023.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, Stix said:

What was Booger Kennedy's height & weight?  I think he was under 6'.

I'm not making any comparison otherwise...

5'10"  312lbs. as listed on the 2003 roster.

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster/brandon-kennedy/1968

Wonder if they have considered moving this young man to NT?

Edited by UNTLifer

1 hour ago, eagle73 said:

There is no way in hell Booger Kennedy weighed 312 lbs.  I would guess he was no more than 250.

Yes Booger weighed every bit 300+I am from Terrell,he was an amazing athlete played some point guard in basketball 🏀 also he could dunk at 5'10-11". His brother played at Arkansas D Broncos &D Lions. Worked with his mom Judy great lady. All siblings played sports,my son and his best play poker with him. Kenoy,Wilson(Ithink the Colts). Booger listened to an agent and signedSF(mistake)Broncos wanted him rehab knee injury he played with all Sr year for at less bonus (guaranteed spot. Great family 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1