Oct 7 at Navy L
Oct 14 Temple W
Oct 21 at Tulane L
Oct 28 Memphis L
Nov 4 UTSA L
Nov 10 at SMU L
Nov 18 at Tulsa L
Nov 25 UAB W

Read more: https://collegefootballnews.com/cfn/north-texas-football-schedule-2023-game-predictions-scores

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MrAlien said:

I tend to agree with 3-4 wins... This program threw away their 2023 season last year when they held on to SL to long in 2022.  I also agree it will take a few seasons to get this program on track to be competitive in the AAC.  

This is a convoluted post.  SL just won 7 regular season games last year.  If he was the problem, why would getting rid of him cut our wins in half?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I guess because Smut can't win neither can we...

55 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

With all due respect, I do not think your fan base understands how much tougher this league will be.  It will realistically take 4-5 years at a minimum for you to be competitive or to compete for a top spot in this league. 

3 or 4 wins will not fair well with this group.

• Upvote 1

5 to 7 wins seems very doable with our schedule.

First six games are very winnable (dependent on how strong Cal is and how well we start). Second half of the schedule is much more daunting, but Tulsa and UAB definitely feel more winnable than the others.

Over/Under I've seen for win total is 6.5 and that feels exactly right for where we are right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mustangfan said:

With all due respect, I do not think your fan base understands how much tougher this league will be.  It will realistically take 4-5 years at a minimum for you to be competitive or to compete for a top spot in this league. 

angry paul rudd GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

This is a convoluted post.  SL just won 7 regular season games last year.  If he was the problem, why would getting rid of him cut our wins in half?

In this era of college football, programs can not wait until after bowl season to make a coaching change.  Players start looking around for new teams as soon as they are unhappy with their current team, so programs need to have their shit together prior to the transfer window opening.  UNT waited to long to make a decision about 2023 and that will have cost them in recruiting, re-recruiting, and the transfer portal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, mustangfan said:

If we are at the top of the league in spending, I will not expect us to take that long.

No program with 'ship expectations waits that long to compete for 'ships.  Plain and simple.  UNT has done that a couple times, and the general consensus here and elsewhere is that we should not have done that.

What are your thoughts on UTSA's chances?  In their minds, they are on top of the G5 world right now. Maybe you should take your message over there.

A lot of unknowns right now for NT.  Cal will be a good test to start the season to see where we are.   Morris appears more portal and social media savvy than Seth was.   He hired assistants with in-state connections for recruiting.  I believe it will be a fairly quick rebuild or reload.

5 minutes ago, NT80 said:

A lot of unknowns right now for NT.  Cal will be a good test to start the season to see where we are.   Morris appears more portal and social media savvy than Seth was.   He hired assistants with in-state connections for recruiting.  I believe it will be a fairly quick rebuild or reload.

I think the two biggest learning curves for a team are 1) from Game 1 to Game 2, and 2) from New Coach Season 1 to New Coach Season 2.

I'm going to point at the elephant in the room no one is talking (enough) about: Morris is an Air Raid guy, which is not known for winning championships.  SL was part of the Air Raid tree, but didn't run it nearly to the extent that I think Morris is.

I love the hire! But I hope we can talk more about why we should or should not expect to win in the AAC with this system and our roster.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I think the two biggest learning curves for a team are 1) from Game 1 to Game 2, and 2) from New Coach Season 1 to New Coach Season 2.

I'm going to point at the elephant in the room no one is talking (enough) about: Morris is an Air Raid guy, which is not known for winning championships.  SL was part of the Air Raid tree, but didn't run it nearly to the extent that I think Morris is.

I love the hire! But I hope we can talk more about why we should or should not expect to win in the AAC with this system and our roster.

Have you done any research on what Morris accomplished at UIW?  That program was DOA when he arrived.  Please do some research and you will become much more positive about our future prospects.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

5 to 7 wins seems very doable with our schedule.

First six games are very winnable (dependent on how strong Cal is and how well we start). Second half of the schedule is much more daunting, but Tulsa and UAB definitely feel more winnable than the others.

Over/Under I've seen for win total is 6.5 and that feels exactly right for where we are right now.

I can see 7-5 with 4-4 conference and 3-1 non-conference. Conference wins against Navy (a challenge on road) and at home against Temple, UAB, and Tulsa. Cal is obviously biggest non-con challenge, but we should beat LaTech, FIU, and Abilene Christian. 

The 2024 conference schedule gets easier with Tulane and Memphis dropping off. We pick up Rice, South Florida, and Charlotte.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Have you done any research on what Morris accomplished at UIW?  That program was DOA when he arrived.  Please do some research and you will become much more positive about our future prospects.

Yes thank you.  I was speaking about FBS success.

I'm sure we'll break a ton of school and conference records and maybe even get some Coach of the Year honors.

I'm just speaking about titles.

Rooting for Morris! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1