Projected lineup?

Who is the best ball handler and playmaker?  We are loaded with 2s and 3s.  Four of this year's players shot 40-47% threes last year.  Scott shot the 40% and will likely be the 4 this year.  Buggs shot the 47% (I believe that he was 11th in the nation) and a strong candidate for the three.  Noland and Edwards were both in the mid-forties and could be the 1 and/or 2.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Who is the best ball handler and playmaker?  We are loaded with 2s and 3s.  Four of this year's players shot 40-47% threes last year.  Scott shot the 40% and will likely be the 4 this year.  Buggs shot the 47% (I believe that he was 11th in the nation) and a strong candidate for the three.  Noland and Edwards were both in the mid-forties and could be the 1 and/or 2.

I am concerned about our 4s and 5s numbers of players.  Need one more quality Big?

• Upvote 2

On 7/19/2023 at 12:53 PM, GrayEagle said:

Buggs had a 38.9% FG% and 39.6% 3PT% for 2022-2023.  He ranked 43rd in 3PT% in the NCAA.  Tylor Perry ranked 18 at 41.33%.  Maybe at one point during the season Buggs was ranked 11th in the nation and shooting at or near 47%, but his final numbers are not close.  The #2 ranked player in 3PT% shot 45.5% on the season.     

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

No Allen is backing up Sisoke I believe.

I think it’ll be a 3-man rotation at the 4/5 positions. It’s what we saw from Mccasland most years. 19-20 it was Geu and Simmons starting with Bell off the bench, and when Bell came in Geu either went to the bench or slid to the 5. 21-22 was similar with Bell and Ousmane starting and Scott off the bench, with Scott either coming in for Bell or sliding Bell to the 5.

I expect something similar for the current team. Allen backing up both Scott and Sissoko. With his size and skill set he should be able to play both the 4 and 5 spots.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

If any Freshman ever gets to start my candidate would be Ma'Syn Howell.  This kid is a great hustler who averaged 16 points and 8 steals at the Legends School in Spring.  He was spoken of as the best point guard of 2023.  He is a superior ball handler and dishes out a lot of assists.  He is great at finding the open man and appears to be a good three-point shooter.  He is an 80% free throw shooter.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

I don't know if Edwards can be kept on the bench or not.  He needs the minutes because he's going to be another prolific scorer.  

If you are wrong, then there will be two of us in that category.  But will it be possible with the number of guards on the roster?  😒 There are only so many minutes to be had.  Do we have a redshirt candidate (or two) on the roster?