Projected lineup?

1 hour ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I think Robert Allen beats out Sissoko... more skilled. Might see time on the floor together though. 

I was very impressed with Sissoko in the NIT.  He looked like he gained a lot of confidence each game.  A mini-Shaq.  Robert Allen seems more like a forward to me.  Glad to have both.  Will Morgan be able to provide some relief minutes too?

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, MeanGreenZen said:

I bet Buggs starts while CJ and Edwards battle to be the primary scorer. Loser is 6th man.

This is going to be fun to watch play itself out. I have Edwards starting while Buggs and CJ battle to be primary "2nd scoring" option. Loser is 6th man. Just watching highlight/video clips and looking over stat sheets, Edwards is clearly the better shooter & scorer of the 3 - Statistically and while passing the eye test. Which of the remaining 2 options best compliment the 4 on the floor?

Hoo would be unhappy with these options? It's a win-win-win situation for this staff. 

• Upvote 4

I'm thinking that Buggs will be a starter along with Edwards.  Noland is heralded as an incredible sixth man.  He can bring life to a team that is not performing up to par.  

Also, this team seems capable of playing up-tempo as well as a slow game.  I believe that the type of game they play will depend on Boss Hodge.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

I differ with a lot of you and think the only sure starter at this point is Scott.

I go with Sissoko over Allen at the other big.

Guards are tougher to pick but I do not think Jones is going to start.

My picks at the starting guard positions are Edwards, Nolan and Buggs. 

Heavy rotation players in Walker, Jones and Allen.

Obviously, this could change with the addition of a couple more players.  I look for another guard and forward to be added. 

For a team that lost so much with Perry and Huntsberry leaving, this team looks like they have the potential to be deeper and maybe even better.   NT will be far from a run and gun team, but I do think they will average in the low seventies on offense. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3

On 6/30/2023 at 12:00 PM, GrandGreen said:

I differ with a lot of you and think the only sure starter at this point is Scott.

I go with Sissoko over Allen at the other big.

Guards are tougher to pick but I do not think Jones is going to start.

My picks at the starting guard positions are Edwards, Nolan and Buggs. 

Heavy rotation players in Walker, Jones and Allen.

Obviously, this could change with the addition of a couple more players.  I look for another guard and forward to be added. 

For a team that lost so much with Perry and Huntsberry leaving, this team looks like they have the potential to be deeper and maybe even better.   NT will be far from a run and gun team, but I do think they will average in the low seventies on offense. 

Jones is THE leader of this team. He is going to start and I think he will finally get to stretch out and show what he can do. His AAU running mate has been in the NBA for a couple years and he didn't look out of place with his skill set. 

• Upvote 3

Jones is THE leader of this team. He is going to start and I think he will finally get to stretch out and show what he can do. His AAU running mate has been in the NBA for a couple years and he didn't look out of place with his skill set. 

Who was his AAU running mate?

• Upvote 1

I actually think he did not look very good running the point in the tournament and was much better off the ball. In general, it seemed like he struggled a lot last season to come back from injury so we will see when/if he is fully healthy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

How do you know who the leader of the team is?

I am not sure I even know what that is.   Murray was IMO a leader of the team but the team did not depend on his play.  

With little to go on, I just think others have as much on court experience as Jones and project to be better. 

I don't think Jones will be the starting pg and is more likely to play off the ball.  The faster NT plays IMO the more likely Jones is on the floor. 

Overall, this should be a very deep team and multiple guards will get significant minutes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

On 7/5/2023 at 8:03 PM, MeanGreen13 said:

Hodge basically said so in multiple interviews. 

I have not seen those interviews, but don't doubt he will be a leader.  A rare senior that did not transfer in.  

I hope he does start and has a great season; I just think he is going to have a lot of competition at the guard position.  I think the All American Juco guard will be the point.  

Jones was not a good 3 shooter at 32% and not a particularly good ball handler.  He is a tall guard and a good defender.  Obviously, his minutes will depend on how he compares to the multiple transfer guards added.

• Upvote 1