FAU/SDSU

emmitt01

I think FAU matched up better with Creighton, but the Owls can totally win.  It really will depend on if SDSU can turn it into a ugly wrestling match like they usually do.  If they can force their style of play, advantage Aztecs.  If FAU can get the game into the mid 60s or higher -- they'll be playing for it all on Monday night.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

I know FAU can win low scoring games...but they're not gonna out ugly SDSU, at least not in my opinion.  This is how the Aztecs have been playing for about the last dozen years and have institutional memory of how to do it.

FAU needs to get some pace injected.  And not just for one half.  Both Alabama and Creighton had stretches where they got some flow going and in each game I expected the Aztecs to fold.  That's how you have to beat them.  But in each of the last two games SDSU really ratcheted up their D and slowed the game down.  

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I am done doubting the Owls and still believe we should have beat them twice this year. 

I think the last couple of teams in the NCAA Tournament think they should have too (and really so do Memphis and FDU as well).  At a certain point, winning a lot of games that they maybe should have lost points to how good they are.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I think the last couple of teams in the NCAA Tournament think they should have as well (and really so to Memphis and FDU as well).  At a certain point, winning a lot of games that they maybe should have lost points to how good they are.

Really shows how well coached AND disciplined they are. They can play at any pace in any type of game but when the game gets serious in the last 10 minutes, they clamp down, play good defense, get the shots they want, and hit their free throws. Pretty great stuff. We should be right there with them if not for commitee bias.

• Upvote 1