Breaking: Seth Littrell Lands at OU

TheReal_jayD

25 minutes ago, meanJewGreen said:

How much is he making as an analyst? Bet he's waiting out a P5 OC gig.

He could afford to take as little as he wanted this season since we're paying him anyway.

As far as a P5 OC gig, he could have one right now if he wanted.  But the extra time gives him opportunity to be somewhat selective.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Congrats to him. That's about as good a landing spot he could have hoped for.

And more importantly, that does offset some of his buyout costs doesn't it?

I'm wondering if he's co-OC if the salaries are split too 

i also think he stays put for awhile. SEC OC gigs dont come by often 

• Puking Eagle 1

11 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

I'm wondering if he's co-OC if the salaries are split too 

i also think he stays put for awhile. SEC OC gigs dont come by often 

the way it usually works is the salary offsets the buyout. so whatever he was getting as an analyst would count as well. He could be getting 100K and that would simply reduce the amount of the buyout is all. The co-oc thing is just prestige and role. 

It's kind of like getting "asst head coach" -- which is just prestige and reason to give a guy a bigger salary. 

OU/ the state of oklahoma is his home so I imagine he will try to stay on for as long as he can there. If Oklahoma impresses with him as the head guy (like Lebby) and he gets offered some ridiculous salary with a real shot to win, I imagine he takes it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

10 hours ago, aztecskin said:

the way it usually works is the salary offsets the buyout. so whatever he was getting as an analyst would count as well. He could be getting 100K and that would simply reduce the amount of the buyout is all. The co-oc thing is just prestige and role. 

It's kind of like getting "asst head coach" -- which is just prestige and reason to give a guy a bigger salary. 

OU/ the state of oklahoma is his home so I imagine he will try to stay on for as long as he can there. If Oklahoma impresses with him as the head guy (like Lebby) and he gets offered some ridiculous salary with a real shot to win, I imagine he takes it. 

Selfishly, I really hope he sticks at OU as OC as long as possible, and doesn't get another HC gig anytime soon.  It's a good job, especially for him, as an alumnus.

...because if he does get another HC shot, and he succeeds beyond what he did here, it only furthers NT's reputation as a coaching black hole.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Selfishly, I really hope he sticks at OU as OC as long as possible, and doesn't get another HC gig anytime soon.  It's a good job, especially for him, as an alumnus.

...because if he does get another HC shot, and he succeeds beyond what he did here, it only furthers NT's reputation as a coaching black hole.

how much does asst OC get at a school like OK? 1 million?

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

@MeanGreenTexan I get what you mean but I think he did a solid job here. The first 60% of his tenure is already an outmoded way of recruiting. If he goes on to do something better it will be because of what he learned here as a head coach. 

Made great hires early on but lack of adjustments, missed development, and poor OC hires post Harrell kind of doomed him. 

A nice change of pace from Mac and Dickey, just wish he was out selling the program more when he was here

• Puking Eagle 1