Jalie needs to go

Dannymacfan

21 hours ago, ADLER said:

Jalie has taken a historically awful women's basketball program and over eight years (111 - 126) elevated it to being consistently mediocre with a combination of successful and disappointing seasons. She may improve in the final years of her contract or she may tank. Either way, I hope we don't spend our limited budget buying out contracts in non-revenue sports.

I don't see a need to grab torches and pitchforks. Every coach in every sport is evaluated at the end of every season. This will be Jared Mosley's decision when/if the time comes.

People were grabbing torches and pitchforks to run Littrell out of town and he had more success. Mitchell has a 60-77 record in a poor conference. Like Littrell, it's become obvious Mitchell isn't the person to lead us into a much tougher league. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

I think part of her problems are injuries. Every year she has multiple players injured. Jaylen Mallard did not play at all after starting all of last year. I had no idea that Randy Thompson or Keira Neal were still on the team until they were recognized for senior night. Is it the S&C that needs to be improved to keep kids healthy or is it just bad luck? I don't know, but having multiple players missing every year is not doing her any favors. Randy Thompson played a lot her Freshman year and never really played again because of injuries. Keira Neal was injured her Freshman year and played some her sophomore year and never really played again because of injuries. I don't know how you can develop kids who can't stay healthy.