TCU showing their mettle

1 minute ago, Got5onIt said:

I never ever thought Aune was a good QB here at NT. Duggan plays just like him on the field from every game I’ve seen. So Duggan rushed for 100yds, he only completed 50% of his passes and threw 1td and 1 pick and Kstate still won the game. So Why is your head so far up Duggans ass? Because he ran for 100yds in the title game in which they still lost? All I’m saying is the media is slobbering all over Duggan when he is an average QB at best. 

It's not the fact that he sometimes does not performed well, it's the fact that when the game is on the line his performance seems to improve. He also has the ability to elevate those around him to play at a higher level.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, NT93 said:

You’re losing any credibility you may have had.  I don’t know and don’t care what his stats were in the B12 title game, that was one of the greatest individual efforts you will ever see.

Comparing him to Aune is possibly the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read on this forum and that’s really saying something.

Duggan is fortunate to have such great players around him. He’s the Aune of TCU and really showed it the last 2 games. Greatest individual effort? LOL, I can tell you don’t watch much college football…

Edited by Got5onIt

59 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Failure is absolutely the best teacher. He may not have the success he has now without failing first. Even Saban did. Kiffin. Harbough. And hopefully... Coach mumbles

On his last coach’s show he mentioned that one of the biggest lessons he learned was how challenging it is to have staff turnover, bringing in new guys, and having those new coaches adjust to your plan.

I think he will be great at his next stop.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Got5onIt said:

They’ll lose next week for sure if he plays like he did today. 14/29 225yds 2 ints & 2 tds. 

Those two Int's we're tipped passes that should have been caught. Duggan has excellent judgement and superior running ability. Duggan makes plays that Aune can only dream about.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

I never ever thought Aune was a good QB here at NT. Duggan plays just like him on the field from every game I’ve seen. So Duggan rushed for 100yds, he only completed 50% of his passes and threw 1td and 1 pick and Kstate still won the game. So Why is your head so far up Duggans ass? Because he ran for 100yds in the title game in which they still lost? All I’m saying is the media is slobbering all over Duggan when he is an average QB at best. 

Dude. Just stop.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Those two Int's we're tipped passes that should have been caught. Duggan has excellent judgement and superior running ability. Duggan makes plays that Aune can only dream about.

Ok, I’ll give you that. He has average accuracy. So now what?

Edited by Got5onIt

35 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

LOL, I can tell you don’t watch much college football…

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

By great individual effort I thought it was obvious (plus I stated as much) that I was talking about his effort and will to win.  It was obviously not a great performance statistically.  

He finished 2nd in Heisman voting and you’re comparing him to Austin Aune.  That tells me all I need to know about who hasn’t watched much college football.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 3

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.

By great individual performance, I thought it was obvious (plus I stated as much) that I was talking about his effort and will to win.  It was obviously not a great performance statistically.  

He finished 2nd in Heisman voting and you’re comparing him to Austin Aune.  That tells me all I need to know about who hasn’t watched much college football.

He had the benefit of a winning record, and being a QB, and media picking up steam on a “Cinderella” team. 
And if you’ve watched college football as much as you claim to, you’d know the Heisman is nothing more than a media driven popularity contest. Rarely does the “best” college player in the nation win the award. 

Edited by Got5onIt

2 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

He had the benefit of a winning record, and being a QB, and media picking up steam on a “Cinderella” team. 

You’re in the minority with that opinion, but hey, it’s your opinion.  Just don’t tell me I don’t know anything about college football since I don’t share this minority opinion.

You’re in the minority with that opinion, but hey, it’s your opinion.  Just don’t tell me I don’t know anything about college football since I don’t share this minority opinion.

Hmmm, questioning one’s credibility on a subject matter? You do it but I can’t? So we’ll all learn from your first post in this thread I guess?

but I agree to disagree on Duggan. Let’s leave it at that….

24 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Hmmm, questioning one’s credibility on a subject matter? You do it but I can’t? So we’ll all learn from your first post in this thread I guess?

but I agree to disagree on Duggan. Let’s leave it at that….

Saying you’re losing credibility indicates that you have credibility to lose.  Saying it’s obvious I don’t watch much college football is literally calling me football ignorant. Very different. 

But yes, agree to disagree.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Saying you’re losing credibility indicates that you have credibility to lose.  Saying it’s obvious I don’t watch much college football is basically calling me an idiot.  Very different. 

But yes, agree to disagree.

Ok, my apologies. 
I still think Duggan is an overhyped media darling. But I hope TCUs defense can slow down UGA or OSU next week. Would love to see them bring the title back to FtWorth. 

Edited by Got5onIt

2 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Ok, my apologies. 
I still think Duggan is a overhyped media darling. But I hope TCUs defense can slow down UGA or OSU next week. Would love to see them bring the title back to FtWorth. 

FA9CF969-816D-437F-A64A-AD91605F6B18.gif.6fe8e03e05aa41e2e22b225a10f25580.gif

We agree about wanting TCU to win it all.  It gives me a sliver of hope that it really could be UNT at some point.  

16 hours ago, greenminer said:

TCU representing the entire state of Texas next Monday.  We're rooting for you.

I acknowledge it would be neat if they won yet also won’t root for them actively. The true duality of man. 

• Upvote 2