QB Options

13 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

What makes you say that? His QBs, Copeland and Ward, have not been dual threats.

I spoke to soon but Ward did have 107 rushing attempts - second most for WSU this season.  But both are more pocket style— Ward though dose have some movement to him but Copeland didn’t. Bowman was a statue and injury prone- no thanks.

1 hour ago, UNT Family Man said:

I spoke to soon but Ward did have 107 rushing attempts - second most for WSU this season.  But both are more pocket style— Ward though dose have some movement to him but Copeland didn’t. Bowman was a statue and injury prone- no thanks.

He has 1 year of eligibility. I had said a tryout and a physical. Hopefully he is healthy, looks like he played a few snaps at Michigan. 

2 hours ago, DentonTD said:

On UNT Roster Now, JD Head former started UNC, La Tech, Stone Earle starter Abilene Christian, Grant Gunnells highly 
toughted from Memphis. What about them??

Head never played at unc. You're thinking of Rudder who I heard nothing about this yr. The previous staff had the worst handling of qb you could have

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, DentonTD said:

On UNT Roster Now, JD Head former started UNC, La Tech, Stone Earle starter Abilene Christian, Grant Gunnells highly 
toughted from Memphis. What about them??

I have a feeling Aune is leaving because Gunnell is finally getting a real shot to content for a spot, or he would have transferred too.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, Sig381 said:

Our QB situation is up in the air right now. This staff will treat it like a clean slate. The only QB on the team right now that has a shot is Stone. The staff will have to bring in at least two QBs . This is a new system they all have to learn . 

A clean slate to me means everyone will get a fair shot at the position. Why do you think Stone is the only one currently on the team to have a "shot"?

I expect a QB maybe two will be recruited, however they will have to beat out the current players to become a starter.  

• Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

18 minutes ago, Green with Envy said:

I thought it was said that TP kids couldn’t take visits until Jan 4 ?

I think that applies to guys that are signing in February, not 100%. Our recruiting experts could confirm further. Brendon entered the portal earlier than a lot of the other recruits.

51 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I think that applies to guys that are signing in February, not 100%. Our recruiting experts could confirm further. Brendon entered the portal earlier than a lot of the other recruits.

They have same recruiting dates available to them as every other recruit, There is a weekend in January where it falls before the first day of classes.  So they can be brought in before classes begin as long as they've registered and enrolled prior to classes starting otherwise they wait until after spring to enroll.  Hope that helps.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Green with Envy said:

I thought it was said that TP kids couldn’t take visits until Jan 4 ?

That is the first time in January they would be able to come on campus, but they can take trips and visits like every other recruit prior to the Dead Period in December.

• Upvote 3

On 12/23/2022 at 9:25 AM, GOMeanGO said:

I have a feeling Aune is leaving because Gunnell is finally getting a real shot to content for a spot, or he would have transferred too.

I have a feeling he is ready for a fresh start somewhere else because half of our fanbase hates his guts.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1