Aune.....

Victorygreen04

14 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Sadly, I don’t know whether you’re serious or joking.  I mean, I think you’re joking, but I also think it’s a true statement.  By that, I don’t mean that I agree, only that it would be so North Texas.

Seems like a call back to a Derek Thompson. The two have very similar careers and Derek is a UNT HOF'er. Probably because of the Heart of Dallas Bowl win, although he was top 5 in some of the passing records (not very impressive QB records before Fine).

And for the record I was not a fan of his.

• Upvote 1

I have been critical of Aune so it’s time to flip the script on this outing - Super overall performance- solid game plan - I’d say 90% on execution.
This was a clutch performance overall - happy for those players who have stayed the course! We are in control of our destiny and that’s all we can ask at this point in the season. 

Bennett called a solid D game - yes we got racked on a couple deep balls but WKU has got everyone this season at some point!  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Sadly, I don’t know whether you’re serious or joking.  I mean, I think you’re joking, but I also think it’s a true statement.  By that, I don’t mean that I agree, only that it would be so North Texas.

He’s 5 TD passes from moving into 4th in school history and is 9 TD passes from setting the school single-season TD pass record. Already passed Thompson who we just inducted two years ago. Also 2nd in school history in 300-yard passing games.

Would be hard to leave out a player that entrenched in the record books at the premier position in the sport.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

He’s 5 TD passes from moving into 4th in school history and is 9 TD passes from setting the school single-season TD pass record. Already passed Thompson who we just inducted two years ago. Also 2nd in school history in 300-yard passing games.

Would be hard to leave out a player that entrenched in the record books at the premier position in the sport.

Unfortunately stats don't mean shit if you lost games because of terrible QB play, no matter the numbers.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 8

21-29 for 322 yards and 3 TD’s per CBSSports.com. 

The only pass that really pissed me off was when he didn’t step into his throw expecting to get hit. That and the miss of Roberts when he was wide open in the end zone. Outside of those two, he played an excellent game. Performances like today should be the rule not the exception. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

So......?

We would have beat UTSA if Aune wasn't a pussy and just ran the damn rock a couple of times when he had 15 yards of open field in front of him.

5 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

He’s 11-10 as a starter. Thompson was 18-19. His record is not bad enough to be precluded from HOF consideration, based on the bar that has been set.

Not saying he should be precluded, just saying that just because his stats for this game and his career stats are good doesn't mean it tells the whole story.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

Just now, UNTLifer said:

21-29 for 322 yards and 3 TD’s per CBSSports.com. 

The only pass that really pissed me off was when he didn’t step into his throw expecting to get hit. That and the miss of Roberts when he was wide open in the end zone. Outside of those two, he played an excellent game. Performances like today should be the rule not the exception. 

Guess you missed those two passes he threw into the dirt in a row for no reason in the 3rd quarter.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, EagleD said:

Talking to an orange blood friend. Same issue. Who shows up. Jekyll or Hyde?  

This.  He was very good today, but we never get the same Aune each week.  The inconsistency and lack of mobility are the only things keeping him from the Heisman, lol!   He did manage the game much better today than many of his in the past. 

I was glad to see Seth finally start working another QB into some game action, since Aune will not be back next year.  Stone should have played the entire 4th quarter and saved Aune from injury risk.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, peanuts104 said:

Literally impossible. Aune couldn't pitch a perfect game if his life depended on it.

You do realize there is such a thing as a good incompletion.  There was at least once today when he made the good decision to throw it away.  
I know he can be extremely frustrating to watch, but the dude played well today and to say otherwise is absurd.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

Not saying he should be precluded, just saying that just because his stats for this game and his career stats are good doesn't mean it tells the whole story.

I agree but whoever selects for the HOF isn’t going to put all these qualifiers on his stats the way fed up fans do. They’re going to be taken at face value. 

After the next 3-5 games he could be anywhere from a lock for the HOF to not great odds at getting in. We’ll see how it shakes out, but this stuff will continue to be an afterthought to the result of these high-stakes games.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BillySee58 said:

I agree but whoever selects for the HOF isn’t going to put all these qualifiers on his stats the way fed up fans do. They’re going to be taken at face value. 

After the next 3-5 games he could be anywhere from a lock for the HOF to not great odds at getting in. We’ll see how it shakes out, but this stuff will continue to be an afterthought to the result of these high-stakes games.

I will say this, if he starts the rest of the season and we get into the conference championship game or win a bowl, fine by me if he gets in.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Nice when facts matter instead of  Bull $hit! Thanks

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, NT93 said:

You do realize there is such a thing as a good incompletion.  There was at least once today when he made the good decision to throw it away.  
I know he can be extremely frustrating to watch, but the dude played well today and to say otherwise is absurd.

Have I said he didn't play well today? Aside from a few throws, he did. I just don't trust it and I expect he will  be a completely different passer next week. No consistency and a tendency toward bad decision making over his career. Again, would gladly be wrong.

• Downvote 1