USC and UCLA to the Big 10

UNT18Grad

I would imagine the Pac 12 tries to keep things together by reaching out to teams like Colorado State, San Diego State, or Boise State.  Then once that happens I could see the American Conference trying to come in and pick off a couple more members of the Mountain West.

Who would you guys want in our conference?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I think some of you, not all of you, need to step forward and admit you were very wrong about wanting UNT to join the Mountain West.  When USC and UCLA leave the Pac 12 will have to find replacements from the Mountain West which will further water down that conference.  Also AAC was very smart to pick off all the viable Texas teams and leave the Mountain West without any of the good ones.  I don't see any of the Big 12 teams being interested in a PAC 12 without USC or UCLA>

Newsfash - The fact that the AAC was trying to block the MWC was discussed widely. If the lose a couple of teams let them take UTEP and NMSU and we all keep going. If they want a larger footprint in Texas go after Texas State.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Newsfash - The fact that the AAC was trying to block the MWC was discussed widely. If the lose a couple of teams let them take UTEP and NMSU and we all keep going. If they want a larger footprint in Texas go after Texas State.

Yes but I think you and some of the others were criticizing the move to the AAC and said you preferred that we join the Mountain West.  That does not look like such a good idea right now my friend.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, Tom McKrackin said:

Yes but I think you and some of the others were criticizing the move to the AAC and said you preferred that we join the Mountain West.  That does not look like such a good idea right now my friend.

I would have been OK with that. Honestly, my thinking was with SMU already in the AAC would they take UNT?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

More moves are coming.

Undoubtedly....in the back of my mind, even though everyone thought Aresco went big adding 6, I always thought he left some room with an eye on adding more.

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

SMUT and Tulsa could go to the PAC10,   The PAC10 needs more exposure than just the west coast,   SMUT would be top team in the PAC-10.  Wonder if ASU and UA of stay around now?

Tulsa is more likely to drop football than move up in conference affiliation.  They are hemorrhaging money left and right.

• Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

25 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

Wow hard to imagine a Pac 12 without these two.  I would think this is VERY bad news for the Big 12 as The Pac 10 will want to add teams from the Big 12 to offset their losses.  My guess is they would offer BYU, Texas Tech or maybe even Houston or Boise State.

Interesting logical but more complicated than one would assume.  The PAC 12 gave all those school the stiff arm before and they made it known for over two they don’t want religious schools in the conference.  I think they reach out to the KU & KSU before those schools.  An unpopular but very easy replacements for the LA teams that would provide similar geographic balance would be San Diego State & Fresno State.  Having San Diego all to themselves and in the PAC 12 without a pro team could make them unquestionably a top 40 program.  They already have a brand new stadium that is yet to host its first game.  What would be the drawback of a 4 star who have to redshirt at another program choosing to go San Diego instead?  Bad weather, shortage of pretty women, or lack of fun things to do.  🤷🏽‍♂️  Lol

• Upvote 2

Let's guess

• If the ACC makes a move they could go after WVU and Kansas(for B-Ball)
  • PAC12 pulls Texas Tech and Okie State (Just don't think the Cali and Oregon schools will go for "Church" schools)
  • SMU, Memphis, Colorodo State, and South Floridia backfill the big12
  • American adds LaTech
  • UTEP to the MWC
  • CUSA adds SFA

• Upvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1