Just a little perspective

emmitt01

On 10/21/2021 at 10:34 PM, SMUMustangs2018 said:

You are so pathetic. SMU is a significantly superior program to NTSU. You are in because SMU is gone along with other peer programs. We will beat you until the end of time and we will always be able to pluck the best talent from Denton just like we do to the Frogs. We will probably keep playing your team, hopefully as a home game permanently when we get our XII logo.

Pony Up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Conference-realignment-Bob-Bowlsby-details-why-Big-12-passed-on-SMU-and-others-future-expansion-still-viable-173563791/Amp/

• Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

The goal for every team in the new AAC is to be the new Boise of this conference. We are in better shape than most to achieve this goal. 

Well, for sure, our football program is second to none in room for improvement.

• Upvote 4

Smu is pretty well positioned to be the bell cow at the moment.  They have held an advantage on us in pulling Dallas area kids, sometimes slight, but currently it feels more extreme.  The next few recruiting seasons will be very interesting to watch to see if this move helps us pull even and compete.  This year will be tough. Especially if we hang on to Seth.

SMU has done well.  I agree they sport a checkered past but I have also heard all of of the SWC schools cheater including Texas and A&M bought cars for recruits and cheated rampantly.  

They are kicking butt in the AAC football right now so we have a ways to go but should aspire to compete and ultimately defeat them consistently.  If that can happen I could see us really take the next step in terms of attendance and support.

My biggest concern about this conference is the budgets.  The AAC teams have big pockets and we have been used to being at the top in terms of budgets and no longer will be in this league.