Which football game do you prefer?

NCAA comes out in less than three weeks, so this is a hot topic right now.

Over the last three years, I feel that NCAA has been the better game. I also think that NCAA has improved everything, graphics, gameplay, depth, over the last few years while Madden has added fluff that gets old after about 10 minutes. I have already pre-ordered NCAA, and won't get Madden unless it is used and at a good price later on.

So which one is it, you have to have a favorite!

NCAA, more or less because it's more relevant to me right now. I don't really identify with any of the NFL teams, so I've always done a fantasy draft with whatever team has the nicest uni's that year.

I also found myself lacking the time to play both games and manage the rosters and whatnot for two teams.

I heard this is the last year Madden will be on the staff for EA's NFL series. I'm not sure who they'll replace him with, but I think the series will be alright without him.

Edited by meangreendork

I don't know what it is but I can never find myself getting into the Madden games, I mean they are good games, but I can never really get into them. Hopefully this year on NCAA 2005, they will have the all green jerseys and hopefully the video screen at Fouts(all though I doubt this one will be in there)

I already pre-ordered NCAA. Madden is good for a rental game to get an NFL fix, but NCAA seems like a much more complete game. I am just crossing my fingers for the fight song and to be refered to as the Mean Green.

Is anyone here getting NCAA 2005 for the xbox?

I'm thinking about it. It'd be fun to start up some sort of NCAA 2005 tourney with people from the other schools, like someone did with March Madness for basketball.

Maybe we should have a gmg.com NCAA tourney?  wink.gif

Here's what the bracket would end up looking like:

North Texas-

North Texas-

/

North Texas-

North Texas-

/

North Texas- /

/

North Texas-

/

North Texas-

North Texas

/

North Texas- /

/

North Texas- /

/ /

North Texas- /

/

North Texas-

/

North Texas- /

/

North Texas-

/

North Texas-

Patrick Cobbs would have over 1,000 yards rushing for the Tournament blink.gif

I will no doubtedly run an in depth franchise with North Texas, but when playing against someone else, I hardly ever pick them.

If there is a tourney, we would use default rosters, and other than Booger, no NT players have gotten any ratings love the last couple of years (PC has a good shot this year). Last year, K-State was my team, and the year before Ohio State.

I am really starting to get sold on the tournament idea. Cerebus, what do you say about an official gmg.com NCAA football tournament this year? I will take on the load of planning it out if that helps.

Guest e-bone

PC better be rated 90+ <_<

I'm up for a tournament. It will give all the people here who don't like me a chance to take their frustrations out. Until I beat them, that is laugh.gif

We would need more than one game going at a time or it would take forever and we wouldn't be able to get many people to play. That said, we would need to have either all PS2s or all xboxs. So what console is everyone here getting NCAA 2005 for? I'm getting it for the xbox and will offer my xbox's services if we choose to play on xboxs.

Guest e-bone

I got a GC on launch and have quite a few games for it, but it really isn't sports game friendly. I recently got an xbox so I could not worry about running out of space on memory cards and so I could play online on xbox live. Plus, I got the Best Buy 2 year replacement warrenty, so when the next consoles come out I can trade in my xbox and have $150 towards a new console biggrin.gif

I have a GC as well. So that is three.

I am more than willing to get a tourney organized...

We would need to set a good date. Tourney rules are no problem. The hard part will be arranging for the right amount of whatever console we will use, enough TVs, and a power source if we do it at tailgating. I will make a bracket with no problem.

Anyone else with ideas, supplies, or suggestions?