Whatever happened to....

keith

Looking at the 247sports.com recruiting page where they list our top rated all time recruits.  In at #4 is class of 2016 William Johnson and at #7 is class of 2020 Erik Williams.  Johnson was a Juco transfer or something I think.  Did he ever make it to campus?  Erik was our top rated recruit that class.  What happened to him?  Did he ever set foot on the field?

Following over the years and decades, it's amazing to think how little time recruits are actually with the team or if they ever make it with the team at all.  With the new transfer rules/portal it will be worse. 

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Williams was supposed to be our highest ranked recruit.  I get how everyone says are recruiting is improving but how can you miss out so badly on a recruit like that?  Plus, UNT has always struggled with guys from El Paso being homesick. 

Williams was from Lubbock Coronado, not EP Coronado

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

Ones I can remember are Esteban Santiago, Khatib Lyles, and the guy who posts on here (forgot his username) who played on the mid 90s teams.

Exactly.  Not many and Santiago was all-conference, as I recall, and Lyles seems happy and ready to breakout.  I don't recall us having an issue with either being homesick.  Now, the recruits from Louisiana...

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly.  Not many and Santiago was all-conference, as I recall, and Lyles seems happy and ready to breakout.  I don't recall us having an issue with either being homesick.  Now, the recruits from Louisiana...

I wish more Denton HS players would get homesick

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1