In Knoxville...

Ken14

On 8/31/2019 at 5:59 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

I really don't wan schools like Tenn or Ark to suck this year (too bad). Think if they made coaching changes a certain man would be targeted

Man, Littrell getting scooped by an SEC school would be so incredibly good for UNT. What we would lose (significantly) would be met nearly twice over in reputation and potential successors.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

Man, Littrell getting scooped by an SEC school would be so incredibly good for UNT. What we would lose (significantly) would be met nearly twice over in reputation and potential successors.

If he gets scooped up, it’s because we would have had a great year!  It’s bittersweet. GMG!

• Upvote 1

Scatter’shootin’ While Chasin’ Rabbits, Broncos & Cougars! 

Boise State has always been this green-tinted Monday Morning Quarterback novice’s preferred model for our school.  BSU lost so many HFC’s in one stretch, but kept replacing them with good hires who still kept the Broncos in Top 25 polls during much of that era.  (They didn’t fare too bad the other day against Florida State). 

To me there are (maybe) approximately 10 NCAA P5 programs that are any HFC’s final destination school, so I guess that would make the rest of us steppingstones?  It’s a role some schools have handled admirably & others all but fell apart.  UH keeps plugging at it & have  a P5 future in their plans. They have built venues to prove it—so are we if you take a tour of the Mean Green Village.  Upward mobility is still in the DNA of the majority of most in the USA.  

UH’s firing of Major Applewhite in an over .500 short career in Cougar Country  before his  last season ended was further proof of UH’s  brighter NCAA lights ambitions but honestly, we don’t know if & when the exclusive NCAA P5 country club will ever let any G5 outsider in their club.  

Having my formative years in Greater Houston, I wish for the favorite college sports teams of my youth good luck with their venture, because if they can somehow get in the P5 club, maybe that offers hope for a hardy handful of others who I honestly believe want in, too.

GO MEAN GREEN!   BEAT SMU!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1