• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC: Pro wrestling coming to Apogee

Recommended Posts

UNT has never sold out the venue that seats 30,850

 

Again,....just in case you fell to earth, read this story and suddenly the question of the venue's attendance history jumped out at you like Sasquatch on a lonely, dark road..

 

 

Rick

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this works a lot better than their country music concert after the Oklahoma State game at the Cotton Bowl.  Despite a really strong group of musicians very few actually stayed for the concert, a few hundred.

Country music trumps wrestling for me, but I guess it is worth a try.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I hope this works a lot better than their country music concert after the Oklahoma State game at the Cotton Bowl.  Despite a really strong group of musicians very few actually stayed for the concert, a few hundred.

Country music trumps wrestling for me, but I guess it is worth a try.  

In my mind wrestling fans are more die hard.  I just wonder if we'll have more people in the stadium at the end of the game than at the beginning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Again,....just in case you fell to earth, read this story and suddenly the question of the venue's attendance history jumped out at you like Sasquatch on a lonely, dark road..

Rick

Yes, Vito says this stuff a lot.  Just know that there is an audience such as myself that it doesn't bother or think it is terrible.

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the DRC has a quota for worthless information that they have to put in each article so Vito is just doing his job.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

In my mind wrestling fans are more die hard.  I just wonder if we'll have more people in the stadium at the end of the game than at the beginning. 

The problem is, I don't think many of today's wrestling fans know much about the Von Erichs, let-alone the 3rd generation of them.   

Kevin & the other brothers were before even my time (Hulk Hogan - Brett Hart years).

This isn't really what we're going to be counting on to help fill the stadium.  This is just a shout-out to a letterman.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if there isn't a person at the wrestling match it's still a win for me. An AD who actually tries to get butts in seats.

I love the idea and I think this will work. Yall Twitter people can blow Stone Cold up about this and get him to come. Could you imagine a some what drunk stone cold stove Austin giving a pre game pep talk to the defense!?!?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Yes, Vito says this stuff a lot.  Just know that there is an audience such as myself that it doesn't bother or think it is terrible.

Oh I'm sure.  Just as there are some who it doesn't bother or think it is terrible to never brush their teeth.

Rick

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The problem is, I don't think many of today's wrestling fans know much about the Von Erichs, let-alone the 3rd generation of them.   

Kevin & the other brothers were before even my time (Hulk Hogan - Brett Hart years).

This isn't really what we're going to be counting on to help fill the stadium.  This is just a shout-out to a letterman.

Eh, I wouldn't just assume...

https://www.dallasobserver.com/slideshow/wrestlers-reunite-at-backyard-on-bell-10989890

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only vaguely know who these people are, but this is the first time in the history of my having tickets to UNT football that I've got people unrelated to UNT messaging me on facebook asking if they can come with me, and if not, how do they get tickets. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Yes, Vito says this stuff a lot.  Just know that there is an audience such as myself that it doesn't bother or think it is terrible.

I have never thought that the beat writer should be a cheerleader for the school they cover, but BV, while I think he does a good job does seem to like to take what many consider unnecessary jabs at the program. Case in point, how many other writers go out of the way to mention the full name of the practice field over and over and over ........ 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Oh I'm sure.  Just as there are some who it doesn't bother or think it is terrible to never brush their teeth.

Rick

Funny, But insulting and not comparable.

Edited by greenminer
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this