HUGE W!!!

diehardUNTfan

At the beginning of the year, I believed this would be one of our sure losses. By the time of the actual game, I would have been pissed if we had lost.

Despite how frustrating our team can be, we are about to clinch a berth in the conference championship game (Sun Belt never had enough teams for a championship game, correct?) and we've already played all of the good teams in our division. I'm so proud of this team. Just need to really step in up so we can compete against FAU in the conference championship game and then whoever in the bowl game. Hopefully a P5.

Now next week's game needs to be cross-posted against every single social media outlet affiliated with the university. The five alumni rows need to be filled and the students need to take advantage of their free tickets. This crowd should be at least 25,000.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

58 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Despite how frustrating our team can be, we are about to clinch a berth in the conference championship game (Sun Belt never had enough teams for a championship game, correct?) and we've already played all of the good teams in our division. I'm so proud of this team. Just need to really step in up so we can compete against FAU in the conference championship game and then whoever in the bowl game. Hopefully a P5.

Yes this team, now should be pulling out double digit wins vs UTEP, Army, and Rice...

This is when UNT needs to show why they are top 16 offense and do not look back.. Win big and it will get peoples attention

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, the green rokemi said:

But he called a time out anyway right? So it didn't matter, that's what I didn't understand

the challenge rules in college are stupid. they give the coaches challenges, but will also challenge a play if they think it can be overturned. 

the problem is, if you challenge a play and lose, you also lose your TO. However, if you think the play is close, but don't think it's guaranteed to be overturned, it's actually better to call a timeout to see if the booth will signal down for a challenge. If they don't, then that means it would probably not have been overturned and you only lost a timeout as compared to a TO and Challenge. 

This could all be mitigated by either:

A.) eliminating all booth instigated challenges and giving the coaches two challenges, with the exact same rules as the NFL. (this would greatly speed up the game.)

or 

B.) having no penalty for using a challenge, other than that your one challenge is gone.

• Upvote 3