Rewatched UNT vs UTSA Game

GMG24

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

1. We ran a twist away from the B gap that opened up and he ran through.  We were in cover 1 behind it and the free safety turned to run with a WR running a fade.  Leaving Garner alone with Sturm and somehow Garner ends up getting caught in trash of the OL/DL and can't get there.  By the time the DB's realized it was to late. I screamed like a toddler when that play was happening.

Garner has to make that play.  I yelled at the TV before it happened, but he couldn't hear me.  I knew it was coming.

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I have never met anyone from D/FW that despises either of those cities.  Heck, most people LOVE SA.   Yet I've heard/seen disdain from Houston/SA folks against D/FW a lot.  Very weird.  It's like the sibling rivalry that's always playful, and then next thing you know, one brother is sitting in a counselor's office talking about how his other brother has wrecked him emotionally.

I can't stand Houston.  It's the damn armpit of 'Merica!

SA is usually cool though.  Just can't stand the little university they have or their fans.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Mr. James,

How on Earth did you locate that one UNT fan, and choose to interview him?  Hold still dude, and WTH is in your eyes?

Also, I keep hearing about how people from Dallas don't like Houston & SA.   I have never met anyone from D/FW that despises either of those cities.  Heck, most people LOVE SA.   Yet I've heard/seen disdain from Houston/SA folks against D/FW a lot.  Very weird.  It's like the sibling rivalry that's always playful, and then next thing you know, one brother is sitting in a counselor's office talking about how his other brother has wrecked him emotionally.

I believe he is blind/visually impaired. Kinda makes you seem like an ass.

Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

38 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

How on Earth did you locate that one UNT fan, and choose to interview him?  Hold still dude, and WTH is in your eyes?

13 minutes ago, meangreenthirteen said:

Yes. That young man is very much blind, and very much a diehard Mean Green fan. I see him at the coaches show all the time.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, meangreenthirteen said:

Admitted.    Foot in mouth.

5 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Yes. That young man is very much blind, and very much a diehard Mean Green fan. I see him at the coaches show all the time.

Awesome.

My apologies.

• Lovely Take 3

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

I can't stand Houston.  It's the damn armpit of 'Merica!

SA is usually cool though.  Just can't stand the little university they have or their fans.

When attending UNT, I had a professor that put his fist on his hip (making a triangle) and said that Denton was the armpit of the Golden Triangle.   I didn’t much care for that guy. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

Given our luck (and CUSA officials), I was afraid the replay would come back with a foul/ejection being called.

It wasn't, but I still expected it.

You will seldom, if ever get a targeting call when a runner (not encumbered by another tackler) and tackler go head to head. It will only get called when the target cannot defend itself.  

6 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

You will seldom, if ever get a targeting call when a runner (not encumbered by another tackler) and tackler go head to head. It will only get called when the target cannot defend itself.  

...And the tackler leaving his feet, right?   Baulkman didn't leave his feet there, just put his head down.

19 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

...And the tackler leaving his feet, right?   Baulkman didn't leave his feet there, just put his head down.

I just saw the replay of that particular play. In that situation, no, that's not targeting. Sturm is a runner still moving forward and is not a defenseless player.   It's a big hit but not all big hits are targeting.   

Edited by DT 90