Official FAU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

13 hours ago, FAU Connoisseur said:

They announced the student section will be sold out; which mean they will overflow it.  We are expecting a good crowd, but the fact of the matter South Florida is an event town and UNT doesn't really cut it!  Sorry.  But I am looking forward to the game rain or shine.

UNT doesn't cut it?  Umm, I think it is an FAU issue.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Haha 1

Just now, FAU Connoisseur said:

Just saying UNT will not draw a crowd.  We will have a good crowd, but not 25k like we had for Navy or 30k we had for Miami.  We have some buzz growing down here too.  The rain may keep people away, or dark clouds will.

Right. Navy and Miami drew your crowds. FAU doesn't. We deal with the same issues.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

How in the world is this a trap game? Probably our 3rd hardest game left. 

Coming off an emotional win, beating a rival, so much energy expended....then going on the road. I'm concerned they come out flat or just don't show up. I don't care what the pundits say because we've been an underdog in every game except Lamar this year. I believe North Texas has every reason to win this game. That is why, in my humble opinion, I call it a trap game. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

Right. Navy and Miami drew your crowds. FAU doesn't. We deal with the same issues.

We can hit 20k, 22k for big games.  But we have had a lot of losing in our stadium since we opened it.  We have a lot of education that needs to be made with the student body and community.  The students have been great with their attendance (5K) each game.  But millennials do not like sports and they are gone at halftime.  I expect 16k Saturday anything in excess is a good turn out.  It's what being a group 5 school means.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Coming off an emotional win, beating a rival, so much energy expended....then going on the road. I'm concerned they come out flat or just don't show up. I don't care what the pundits say because we've been an underdog in every game except Lamar this year. I believe North Texas has every reason to win this game. That is why, in my humble opinion, I call it a trap game. 

I guess you can call what you like.  By definition this can't be a trap game we are not expected to win, we are 3.5 dogs at the moment against a tough team playing well. Not that I disagree with what you are worried about.  I think we win anyways I think our team is getting hungry for wins. 

Old Dominion  or UTEP where we start out possibly well favored might be a trap game. 

Coming off an emotional and physically draining game and then having to travel to one of the furthest destinations in the conference, I will be ecstatic if UNT can pull it off. I truly think UNT has the better team, and it may not even be close. But I'm not so sure they'll be the better team today. 27-21 FAU. 

Prove me wrong, please.