Frank Wilson now the highest paid coach in CUSA

MGNation92

Anybody thing they are not putting us directly in their cross hairs?  We fire our coach, they fire their coach.  We give our coach a raise, they give their coach a raise.  We offer a kid, they offer the kid.

I hope we are paying attention, because at the moment, they seem pretty focused on trying to do everything they can to one up us every chance they get.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We just did the same exact thing with Littrell a few months ago.

True, but the SL thing seemed more because of the AD changes going on--it was basically a year added on as appreciation for improving us from the worst team in FBS to making a bowl game. The DMac extension was after that HoD Bowl win and nobody was really clamoring for him to become their coach. I think he deserved an extension for that season but it would have been for an extra 2 years, 3 at the max. Starting over with a guy that couldn't get recruits here when they had other options was going to catch up to us if things went wrong...and they went epically wrong within two years. I'm just glad we bought that whole mess out, from him to the lazy ass AD that we were saddled with for too long.

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

My money is on North Texas 

Well you do have more inside info than me. 

I just don't see it. On paper they should beat us by every metric. There's a reason people are predicting them to win 8-9 games and challenge for the west, while we're anywhere from 4-7 games at best.

I'm optimistic, but I'm also realistic.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I just don't see it. On paper they should beat us by every metric. There's a reason people are predicting them to win 8-9 games and challenge for the west, while we're anywhere from 4-7 games at best.

When I watched the game last year I saw us lose the game more than they won.  The biggest difference is they lucked into a good walk on quarterback while we struggled with a true freshman.  I think we have a great shot at beating them but there's still a long ways until that game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

3 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

When I watched the game last year I saw us lose the game more than they won.  The biggest difference is they lucked into a good walk on quarterback while we struggled with a true freshman.  I think we have a great shot at beating them but there's still a long ways until that game. 

Yeah, I just don't see it with the way they've been recruiting. They have completely mopped the floor with us in recruiting under Wilson, and I don't think you can out scheme a talent difference like that on a consistent basis. Even at home.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

40 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

So... does that mean yall have a wager or not.... I am confused.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

My money is on North Texas. 

If UTSA wins I will Venmo/PayPal you $50

When UNT wins you don't owe me a dollar. Just have to keep your pessimistic opinions off the board for 6 months. 

Deal? 

Just now, outoftown said:

So... does that mean yall have a wager or not.... I am confused.

Not sure if it was meant for me or Ben. Either way I'll take it. I can blow sunshine out my ass for 6 months. Although national signing day will be rough when we end up signing the 9th best class in CUSA

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

46 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

My money is on North Texas. 

If UTSA wins I will Venmo/PayPal you $50

When UNT wins you don't owe me a dollar. Just have to keep your pessimistic opinions off the board for 6 months. 

Deal? 

Nah. I don't want to take your money. I'd feel bad winning money for betting against UNT. But I have decided to make a semi-conscious effort to narrow in on the good and not highlight the negative...Unless it just absolutely has to be said. 

1 minute ago, MGNation92 said:

Not sure if it was meant for me or Ben. Either way I'll take it. I can blow sunshine out my ass for 6 months. Although national signing day will be rough when we end up signing the 9th best class in CUSA

On that day there I'll have to be negative if the scenario dictates it. Hopefully it won't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Nah. I don't want to take your money. I'd feel bad winning money for betting against UNT. But I have decided to make a semi-conscious effort to narrow in on the good and not highlight the negative...Unless it just absolutely has to be said. 

I am pretty positive you won't be taking my money. Just can't handle 6 months without sharing negativity?? 

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Ok so deal

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

Just now, TheReal_jayD said:

I am pretty positive you won't be taking my money. Just can't handle 6 months without sharing negativity?? 

Ok so deal

I'm in the same boat as Ben. Don't want your money, but the freedom to continue being critical of a coaching staff that isn't criticized enough will be good enough for me.

If UNT does win however, I will sing the praises of Littrell like you have never heard before

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Ok so deal

Can't look past NSD though. Just can't. If it needs to be dog piled on, I'll pile on first. 

But I genuinely hope you are right. We all need you to be. 

• Lovely Take 1

40 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

40 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

On that day there I'll have to be negative if the scenario dictates it. Hopefully it won't. 

34 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I'm in the same boat as Ben. Don't want your money, but the freedom to continue being critical of a coaching staff that isn't criticized enough will be good enough for me.

If UNT does win however, I will sing the praises of Littrell like you have never heard before

animated-chicken-image-0012.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

This could be their McCarney moment, though. If he doesn't succeed, that buyout is going to be very steep...

Totally different.  Wilson is young (43) and can flat out recruit.

10 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We just did the same exact thing with Littrell a few months ago.

Littrell is only 39.  If he can recruit, he can win.

An interesting bet would be who gets hired away first.  Littrell or Wilson?